Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DinoZ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Weathermaker 8000 Thermostat - blinking time
    I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 furnace. It has given me a few problems over the years but for the most part has run really well. I have it cleaned, and in emergencies when it is not working I clean the sensor thing.

The problem I have now (it just started last week) is my thermostat has started blinking the time and occasionally goes blank. It is a digital thermostat. I would supply the name of it but I can't find it. I removed the front off the wall to see if it needed batteries or if I could find the make/model number but I couldn't see a battery anywhere nor could I find a make/model number.

Does anyone out there have a nameless digital thermostat that they have had this happen to? If so, is there any way to fix it or is it toast and I need to buy a new one? The furnace isn't working quite as it should and I think this is why. It comes on, but only for short 5 minute intervals and takes a few cycles to reach the heat I set it to.

Thanks in advance.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 14, 2007, 08:53 PM
    Post picture of Tstat.
    DinoZ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me. I gave up on my thermostat and got a new one. I'd set the time and it would hold it for about an hour or so and then the whole screen would go blank, then it would come back and blink... too frustrating. I installed the new one tonight, cleaned the filter and everything works like a charm so far.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 trouble codes? [ 11 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of troubld codes for my Carrier Weathermaker 8000? Thanks. Charley

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 intermittent operation [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier Wethermaker 8000 gas furnace. Over the past week or so, I've noticed that the temperature in my house drops into the low 60's (I usually keep the thermostat on 68/69) and the furnace never kicks on. The thrmostat itself seems to be OK. The problem is intermittent at this...

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions? Thanks, lankford3

Transformer for weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I buy the 24 volt transformer that controls the thermastat for the carrier weathemaker 8000

Carrier Thermostat Blinking [ 1 Answers ]

We have been in a newly built condo for just one year and have had no problem with the air/heat. Two days ago for the first time the Carrier Digital Thermostat starting blinking. It blinks with a blank screen and then blinks and you can see the digital info then back to a blank screen....

View more questions Search