Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutrifit53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Single lever kitchen faucet has very little water coming out hot side
    I have a new (1 year old) single lever kitchen faucet that has normal flow when the lever is turned to the cold side but only a small trickle of water come out when turned to the hot side.
    I changed the disc with no results.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:29 AM
    What brand of faucet?
    nutrifit53 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Doug,
    The faucet is an American Standard. I replaced the disc with no results. The faucet is only one year old. I am not sure what else it could be except some debri in the hot water line.
    Thanks in advance,
    John
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 13, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Hot water sides get 10x more debris than cold. Check the cartridge again and flush with water backwards. You likely still have debris.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:12 PM
    You may have a problem in the supply stop [valve] or the supply tube [connector]. Disconnect it from the faucet and try to open the stop into a pail. Check flow there. Then see if you can blow back on the hot side with the cartridge out and the supply disconnected. If the spout is a pull out type you should find a backflow in 2 locations in the faucet. Also check the diverter if you got one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water won't come out of kitchen faucet but will come out of the side spray [ 13 Answers ]

Hi: My kitchen faucet just stopped working. If I turn it on nothing comes out, it makes a low noise and you think the water is coming out but nothing. But, if I take the side sprayer when the faucet if on that works the water comes out full force. I know nothing about plumbing but before I call...

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Installing a single lever shower faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the names of the materials needed to install a new single lever faucet in a shower and instructions on how to install it starting from the rough in stage. I have the hot and cold supply lines capped off at this time.

Install Single Lever Shower Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for information on installing a single lever shower faucet. This will need conversion from the existing 2-faucet that is there now.

Single lever faucet [ 1 Answers ]

After a year or so, the single lever kitchen faucet (which I believe is a Delta) we installed, will no longer switch to the cold water side. This just happened yesterday and we are unsure where to start looking for the problem. It is not under the sink, as we have looked at the connections and they...

View more questions Search