Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flossey2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Iodine clock reaction
    How does the starch work in the clock reaction experiment?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2007, 11:40 PM
    Have you not detected the presence off starch in biology? Can you remember what is used and what happens?

(I love it when knowledge from your other lessons comes in!)
    wintersnowman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Iodine is the kind of molecule that will trapped in the coiling structure of starch. When the iodine molecules is trapped , a blue-black complex is formed. It indicates that that iodine is formed t the end of this reaction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Iodine clock reaction with S2O3 ion [ 3 Answers ]

In the iodine clock reaction with S2O3 ion I have found that one of the exponents in the reaction rate is 1.55. Can I round it to 2? Or shoud I write it as a fruction 3/2? I know that reaction rate can be a fraction. But it is a fraction in this case? Thank you! :)

Iodine/hydorgen peroxide Clock reaction [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I have done all the varying concentrations for the experiment and am writing a report at the moment but one thing Im not too sure on is why the reastion has to take place with a dilute acid - Sulphuric Acid - and why does it affect the reaction. Im really not sure, please help? Sian x

Iodine clock chemical reaction [ 4 Answers ]

In our chem lab we're doing an iodine clock experiment. I need help with my equation KIO3 + NaHSO3 + starch --->? I'm pretty sure I2 is produced but I'm not sure of anything else. I need a molecular equation and a net ionic equation. Please help! Thanks

View more questions Search