Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2005, 03:09 PM
    To Everyone!
    Hey guys. Would you all cut the fight? This forum has been started by people as unbiased views of anything to do with skincare & your cat fight would just ruin it for everbody. This does not belong to Amber to Nikkicute nor to anyone. This is a public forum neither promoting Fair & FLawless nor Makari. This belongs to everyone who has a say about products they have tried & that's that. Nothing personal. So if you want to continue, please have your petty fight outside the forum. It is stressful to everyone who reads them. Thanks
    DARK2LIGHT Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2005, 09:40 PM
    Whoa
    Whoa!! I Didn't Mean To Cause A Fight With The Question I Asked, I Just Wanted Confidence In This Cream. Anyway I Have A Friend Of Mines, Who Is Around My Age, And She Ordered The 5x Lightening Cream A Couple Weeks Ago After I Told Her About It. Well, After Two Weeks Of Using It, I Must Say I Saw Dramatic Results. She Has Lightened At Least 2 Or 3 Shades It Looks Like. She Acually Got Into A Really Big Argument With Her Parents Because They Didn't Know She Was Lightening Her Skin.

As Far As Amber, I Think She Is A Great Moderator And I To Am A Member Of Her Board. No One There Used The Cream So I Came Here To Get Second Opinions.

Nikki, I Do Believe You. I Do Believe You Have Used The Cream And It Has Worked For You Because I Have Seen The Results Myself. I Will Try To Have Pictures For You All On The Girl Who Used The Cream.

Please Stop Fighting, Everyone Has A Opinion.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 23, 2005, 06:33 AM
    Your right!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dimples
    Hey guys. Would you all cut the fight? This forum has been started by people as unbiased views of anything to do with skincare & your cat fight would just ruin it for everbody. This does not belong to Amber to Nikkicute nor to anyone. This is a public forum neither promoting Fair & FLawless nor Makari. This belongs to everyone who has a say about products they have tried & thats that. Nothing personal. So if you want to continue, please have your petty fight outside the forum. It is stressful to everyone who reads them. Thanks
    First of all I never said this was my forum.

I always did exactly what these forums are about, I came to talk about the products I have tired and gave my honest opinion and that's that.

If you would look at the threads closely the drama started when I gave my honest opinion. When you give your honest opinion of a product you have tried, certain people call that promoting.

Now if giving an opinion of a product one as tried is promoting, well then everyone at ask me help desk is guilty!

Thanks for being the voice of reason.

I will take the high road, be the bigger and better person and bow out of this mess.

Who would have thought a jar of skin cream could cause all of this?:confused:

Oct 23, 2005, 09:15 AM
    New products from Fair and Flawless!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK2LIGHT
    Whoa!!!!!!!i Didn't Mean To Cause A Fight With The Question I Asked, I Just Wanted Confidence In This Cream. Anyways I Have A Friend Of Mines, Who Is Around My Age, And She Ordered The 5x Lightening Cream A Couple Weeks Ago After I Told Her About It. Well, After Two Weeks Of Using It, I Must Say I Saw Dramatic Results. She Has Lightened At Least 2 Or 3 Shades It Looks Like. She Acually Got Into A Really Big Argument With Her Parents Because They Didn't Know She Was Lightening Her Skin.

As Far As Amber, I Think She Is A Great Moderator And I To Am A Member Of Her Board. No One There Used The Cream So I Came Here To Get Second Opinions.

Nikki, I Do Believe You. I Do Believe You Have Used The Cream And It Has Worked For You Because I Have Seen The Results Myself. I Will Try To Have Pictures For You All On The Girl Who Used The Cream.

Please Stop Fighting, Everyone Has A Opinion.

It's not your fault Dark2Light!! All you did was ask a question and since I have tried the products, I gave you my experience using the cream.

Thanks for believing in me. :D
    I'm glad you've got to see the results of the products first hand.

Now I have gotten mixed answers to the question weither you should use the 5xgel on the face. When I asked a rep from the company she said it was OK.
    It was OK to use the body gel on the face but not the body cream.

Now they say you should not use the gel on the face (even though some of their customers do anyway).

I am so getting this 5xgel or the new Skin Soho™ White Tea Lightening Gelée.

Here is a post about their site from a member who just called them:

Date: Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:03 pm
    Subject: Re: [brighterskin] help

You can get F&F products at fairandflawlesskin.com I had called a few days back to place an order (my first purchase of F&F) I was told its best to wait till Sunday because their launching their new line of brightening/lightening products called soho after 8pm on their new website. They said if you make a purchase now, then after looking at the new products which will be 10X more potent , a lot of people might want to exchange or return and get the new stuff- they said they have a limit on their return policy. Most probably I think if u call now to make an order, they will suggest ou wait till Sunday , with that you get more choices!! I am waiting for their new products and new website as well.. so I can place an order. NI have read a lot of good stuff about F&F, and Soho supposedly is suppose to 10X better than F&F.!

New products come out!! Skin Soho™ by Fair and Flawless.
    I wonder if they made the gel any stronger? :eek:

So don't order anything just yet let see what they have to offer now!

Thanks Dark2Light!! ;)
    bella05 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2005, 10:31 AM
    :rolleyes: Here we go with PROMOTION AND SPAMM
    sharon1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2005, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bella05
    :rolleyes: Here we go with PROMOTION AND SPAMM
    Its funny how Nikki posts the trademark symbol next to the F&F products when she posts. Guys, I can guarantee you that 9/10 of the people who post about any products including F&F, makari, whatever, are the owners of the companies. Don't trust what you read, especially from posters with only a few posts.
    dimples Posts: 256, Reputation: 9

Nov 11, 2005, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon1
    its funny how Nikki posts the trademark symbol next to the F&F products when she posts. Guys, I can guarantee you that 9/10 of the people who post about any products including F&F, makari, whatever, are the owners of the companies. Dont trust what you read, especialy from posters with only a few posts.
    Yes, I have noticed. Those with few posts are usually just here to advertise their products & nothing else.

Nov 15, 2005, 04:06 AM
    Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon1
    its funny how Nikki posts the trademark symbol next to the F&F products when she posts. Guys, I can guarantee you that 9/10 of the people who post about any products including F&F, makari, whatever, are the owners of the companies. Dont trust what you read, especialy from posters with only a few posts.
    I copy and paste from the website. Simple is that. :rolleyes:
    MinahSky Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2005, 06:37 PM
    Newbie here...
    Sorry, I put that in the wrong thread... :p
    sharon1 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2005, 05:00 AM
    How come I haven't read any reviews of their new soho line? Is it still too early?
    VIOLETCAT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 09:31 PM
    [QUOTE=kinekon18]kitchen stuff?
    yes, my diluted mix is kitchen stuff because I diluted it in my kitchen, the monobenzone itself isn't kitchen stuff??

pictures - of me? I never ever said I would post pics of myself over the internet as I'm a very private person, I speak of my results only to inform others of what I'm experiencing, since when is a mere contributor to any forum "required" to prove anything? :rolleyes:

however - I give allot of evidence which backs up everything I say, I have loads of "pictures" in my group of people who have depigmented successfully, to date I have only experienced lightening which I've kept reiterating due to me diluting it because it's too strong for me to use as is = straight.

the person who posted before me rubbished the product, I have no idea what the product is but have come to my own conclusion that most if not "all" whitening products on the market never live up to expectation.

monobenzone has been the only thing I've researched so extensively and so the conclusion I've come to is that no other product can work as monobenzone will, not only because people have had good experiences with it but also because it's "prescription" medication.

I speak about it so much because I'm happy I've found something that actually works and so I try to tell others of the my own personal experience because when I was researching people who use mono to lighten their skin as apposed to having vitiligo seldom wanted to come out and share anything with anyone. :mad:

if I promote my group too much it's because I know there are people out there like me who are depigmenting, since there is so much stigma attached to wanting to change the skin so drastically I'm providing an outlet for individuals to speak openly and freely about their use without ever feeling chastised.

maybe it was my bad to agree on what someone else had said, but then if your so offended why not take it up with the individual that actually made the statement in the first place. :confused:

I hope my hands up and admit that most products name contains "fair" in it's title - I associated fair and flawless with the product I saw the Indian girl using on the TV and even with fair and white (fair and lovely... etc)

if the products works for you, that's great! So be it - come back here and let everyone know so we can weed out the crap and people can stop wasting their money on mediocre products. :

if people weren't asking me so many questions via email about my monobenzone mix or mono in general I wouldn't have the need to keep talking about it, they tell me they've seen my post on whichever forum and want to ask me some Q's - I come back to whatever forum it is and answer them indirectly.

are people hating on me because I talk too much or because they want to depigment but even with the info don't know how?

nikkicute - hey girl!. lol
    half the time I don't recognise who I'm talking to, I've told you that you can keep chatting in my group because any lightening product that actually works is welcome to be discussed.

why aren't people directing their rage at lilsophie, she rubbished the product yet my following sentence seems to be drawing the most offence?

there are people on my group who want to lighten but who don't want to be white (or at least have the white appearance!. lol) any whitening/lightening discussions are welcome in my group providing they actually work.

Hello.:) kinekon18 - I have read all of your postings on monobenzone. You have been more insightful than a lot of the other postings.

I don't want to turn white. I just want to be a few shades lighter. I don't mind if I have patches on my skin. But will the patches be white?

I heard one lady say that she used it and didn't have any side effects and her patches turned white with no problems. Also she said that she didn't get any white streaks like what they say on the side effects. She was saying the other companies that sell their whitening products won't make money if people learn that monobenzone works. Do you think it's true?

Anyway in one of your postings you stated that you can't just use monobenzone in one area you have to put it all over your body. You said because you could get patches on other parts of your body. But is it because you are using monobenzone 40%? If you just use benzone 20% can you get the effects of just a few shades lighter? Even if you mix it. I don't mind if I see effects in a few months.

It's just that I have tried all that herbal crap and stupid whitening pills and wasted a lot of money with no results. I don't know if people are just trying to sell their products saying it works, but I think it's a bunch of BS. I think this is the only cream that works. If you know any website to buy the cream without a prescription let me know. I guess it's about $50 for the cream, but what about the lotion?

So do you have to use it for a whole year for it to be permanent? If so will you turn white? Because I don’t want to turn white, as I stated just wanted to turn a few shades lighter is that possible even if I use if for a year? Sorry for too many questions. Let me know when you can.

Feb 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
    I've ordered the body Souffle' off the SOHO line but I haven't started using it yet because I'm going to combine it with the SOHO body milk and Makari's night time body cream and body milk, also I'm going to be taking some skin lightening pills while using these creams, so when I get all of that I'll let you all know how it turn out

Apr 11, 2006, 08:06 PM
    I have just received my new jar of Fair & Flawless™ Facial Lightening Cream.
    This cream is the best natural skin lightener I have ever used.
    I saw results in 14 days.

With my order was a note on the invoice saying"It's nice to hear from you again we've enclosed a complimentary serum for your continued loyality. Thank you!!

That was so nice of them! A $70 serum for free.
    I'm so blessed.:p
    The serum has changed. It used to be clear, now it is white and smells of coconut.

I apply the serum first then apply the Fair and Flawless Facial Whitener on top. Serums go on FIRST, then creams.

Summertime is coming so I figured I'd better start to lighten up a bit bacause through out the winter months I did not use any lightening cream at all.

DIY SKINCARE for lightening (Do it yourself).:)

Along with the Fair and Flawless Facial Whitener I bought a jar of Canvas Base Cream from SkinActives
    I found them on Ebay.
    They also have a website http://www.skinactives.com/index.htm

A base cream is a cream with no active ingredients.
    That is where SkinActives comes in. They also sell active ingredients so you can add them to their Canvas Base Cream or their Serum Base.(shown below)

They have four bases you can use to add whatever active products you want.
    http://www.skinactives.com/products/productess.htm

I love the feel of the Canvas Base Cream. It is so smooooth!!
    And so creamy! And it smells like... NOTHING.

With the base cream I bought their Arbutin.
    Pure ARBUTIN skin lightener for high concentration

Arbutin is a natural skin lightener, it comes in powder form.

I mixed the Arbutin in the base cream to make a 5% Arbutin skin lightening cream!! 5% is pretty good don't you think?

The highest Hydroquinone you can get from a Dr. is 4%.

The Canvas Base cream is 4oz, bigger than the F&F facial whitener.

Canvase Base Cream is only $6.99
    Arbutin active $12.99.

At the price we can all afford I'm sure!!

All you read is that Fair and Flawless is too expensive.
    Well it's time to make your own then!

DIY!!

The prices of their active ingredients are GREAT!

They have a list of expensive skincare lines and how to make your own version, Yep they even have Fair and Flawless on their list. ( how to make your own F&F body cream)

http://www.skinactives.com/brands2.htm

Ok here is the list of their Skin lightening ingredients they offer:

Arbutin (alpha arbutin)
    Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
    Bearberry (uva-ursi)
    Betulinic Acid --NEVER even heard of this one .:confused:
    Ferulic Acid---This one too. A skin lightener?
    Kojic Acid
    Liquorice Extract (white)
    Melatonin
    Kojic Acid Dipalmitate
    Niacinamide
    Resveratrol--Any heard of this one?

They have many other ingredients for ance, wrinkles (anti-aging). You can make just about any kind of skin cream you want. And add as much active ingredients to make it as strong as you want.

Fair & Flawless™/Skin Soho Body Lightening Creams and the lotion run in the line between $80 all the way up to $250.00 the largest size being 8oz.

That's just too much of a price for some people and they cannot afford it.

I think you can buy SA's (SkinActive) Canvas Base cream or even a lotion like the Fair and White
    http://www.safarimkt.com/fair_and_white.html

You see the forth lotion down?
    The FAIR & WHITE AHA-2 LOTION?

That's the Hydroquinone Free lotion.
    You can buy that one and for only $13.99 at 17.6 oz
    That's a BIG bottle!! And add an active from SkinActives and have yourself a nice bottle, a LARGE bottle of skin lightener.

If you can't afford that, shoot go down to the dollar store LOL!! And get you a big cheap bottle of lotion and get some actives if you have too. LOL!!

What do you think of that??

Add some Kojic,Bearberry, and Licorice or
    Make a Arbutin, Niacinamide and Melatonin mix.

Whatever skin lightening ingredients you want.

If you don't mind using HQ the other Fair and White lotions only have 1.9%hq in them anyway. That's not too bad. But still it's the size of the bottles I like.

I would have liked to have added some Licorice to my Arbutin but they were out of stock at the time (last week). I think it's back in stock now.

I wanted to add Sepiwhite (same ingredient that is in Fair and Flawless) from
    http://www.makingcosmetics.com/

But they were out of stock too!

I guess a cream of 5% Arbutin is all right.

I put on my F&F serum then the F&F cream mornings and at night I use my F&F serum then the Arubtin cream at night.

I use the F&F serum then put on my sunscreen if I go out.

I also bought The Latic Acid 85 Peel from http://perfectcomplexion.net/index.php

Julie is one of the best!! If you have ever ordered from Julie or exchanged e-mail with her you'll see why. She's so helpful and cool.

I will use this "peel" once a week. It's not really a true peel because you don't see any actual peeling. It's will dissolve the dead skin cells. So no "down time" using this "peel"

Yeah, it's at a 85% but you only have it on the skin for 10 to maxium 30 seconds that's all. Then use a baking soda and water to nuetralize it. I'm going to do it fast!

Dip my q-tip, swipe all over my face count to 10 then take my wash cloths with my baking soda to wipe it off.

There are other sites that offer Latic Acid at 30%. Lactic Acid is good for hyperpigmentation. But I had to go and get the strong stuff. Lol

Here is a sneek peek at Julie's new site. As you can see the old site does not even list the Latic Acid. I had to e-mail her to find out if she was still selling it.

http://perfectcomplexionsalon.net/cart/

The new site has new products listed and the Latic Acid is there.

Oooooook that's my skincare routine for now. I'll get back later on how the lightening is. This Thursday will make it a week I have been using F&F and the cream base and arbutin did not come until Monday. Just got the Latic today and will be doing my first "peel" tonight. I wash my face with Serious Skin Care Glycolic Cleanser, that came in the mail yesterday along with the SA products.

As you can see I've been doing some skin shopping!!

I'm just going to use the creams on my face and neck. Every time I put the cream on my hands I either end up using the bathroom five minutes later ( and you have to wash yor hands after using the bathroom) or end up doing something in the kitchen and end up washing my hands AGAIN. I'm just washing face creams down the drain. Ugh!!

I just noticed how many times I wash my hands or how many times I touch water druing the day.

So purchasing the F&F lotion for my hands or try to make my own using SA's ingredinets will be better. I'm going to get a small bottle, one of those empy plastic bottles you can buy at the store, the travel size ones, you know the ones I mean? I can pour some of the lotion in so I can put it on my hands at work, put in in my purse.
    nehaonnet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2006, 08:11 PM
    How to lighten my skin complexion. I have a dry skin instead I get pimples and I have the marks left due to pimples how to get rid of it

Apr 11, 2006, 11:02 PM
    Ok I just did my first Lactic Acid 85 "peel" and it was nothing!!

I thought at an 85% I would would feel something. You know I'm kind of disappointed it didn't sting or anything. You know how it is. If you don't feel something, you don't think it's working.

I'm thinking I followed the directions and left it on for 10 seconds. The maxium is 30 seconds, so the next time I do another treatment, which will be next Tuedsay I will keep it on for the maxium time of 30 seconds.

I dipped 3 Qtips in the bottle and went across my forehad and upper cheeks, dipped again and did the rest of my face, count 1 to 10 and rinced off my face with the baking soda and water.

The wash cloths was sizzling. I mean I heard it fizzle as I was washing my face off. I guess it was neutralizing the peel.

Then I applied the Hyaluronic Acid (a moisturizer)
    A sample came with the peel. Right now my face is TIGHT. It's losing up a bit. I'll resume putting on my lightening creams today (Wednesday).

I like this peel. I wanted a strong peel with no visiable peeling. So far so good.:p

Apr 14, 2006, 06:03 PM
    I've been wanting a 5% hydroquinone, I bet I could lighten my whole body in 2 weeks with something that strong. How can I find it Nikkicute? Please inform me.

Apr 16, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK2LIGHT
    I've been wanting a 5% hydroquinone, i bet i could lighten my whole body in 2 weeks with something that strong. How can I find it Nikkicute? Please inform me.
    I think the serum in the Fair and White line of skin lighteners is 5% hq.

http://safarimkt.com/fair_and_white.html

That's what I heard.

On the Abantu website it acutally says it right on the site.
    http://abantu.com/html/fair___white.html

I think a while back I posted that I asked the Abantu, they said they would get in contact with the manufactures and they e-mailed me back saying yes it does have 5%hq but they will not claim it on the bottle.

I ordered the serum a while back and I forgot what it said on the bottle. I think it said 5% complex. That's about the time I heard about Fair and Flawless and the threw the bottle away. I should have at least finished using it.

That's why I asked them what the heck does "complex" mean? Safarimk acted like they didn't know but Abantu said it was 5%hq. Abantu I think is out of Canada so I think they can get away with selling a higher percentage of hq.

Lots of people go online buying perscription drugs from Canada. I bet if you were to e-mail Abantu and asked them what percentage of hq is in the serum they will tell you know for sure.

The serum would be used better if you put it into a lotion because it's like baby oil. I put some on my stomach an it felt warm. I bet you'd lighten up in two weeks too. The serum is not expensive at all.

Apr 18, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Ok, I'm already starting to see lightening with my Fair and Flawless Facial Cream.

I started on April 6th and today or was the 18th.
    That's 12 days and I'm lightening up pretty good.

Just did another Latic Peel 85. This time I felt a little sting, nothing to cry about though.

Maybe I over did it buy washing my face and then swiping it with rubbing alcohol, but that is what I've seen dermatologist do on TV to get rid of any excess oil so the peel will penetrate deeper.

Oh well... skin is tight but very smooth. So far so good.
    realsweet Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Well whether nikicute is advertising for her company it doesn't matter. Assuming that we are all adults we need to learn how to exercise discretion. Im 100% positive that some people on this site are here to advertise there product. Its just too easy. Why wouldn't they? Yes I do believe nikicute works for the company because she supposedly bought people some of F&F out of her own pocket. Who does that! Buy expensive products for a bunch of strangers. I think that F&F paid for that or that she is lying altogether. These are signs to look out for. Ive been fooled by people on diff forums. And it hurts but I learned. I'm not saying fair and flawless doesn't work. Because I never tried it. In my experience the people at fair and flawless are very rude. Other people who I have spoken with say the same that was a big enough turn off.

Apr 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Just did another Latic Acid and it was OK. My skin is really smooth.

I know I was not suppose to but I left it on like two minutes. I washed my face and applied the Lactic but I did not feel anything probably because my face was still damp, so the next time I will let my skin dry before applying the peel.

I'm still lightening up with the F&F facial cream.

AS USUAL my darn forehead is the last to lighten up. My forehead is so subborn. I'm thinking of buying the F&F gel and using just a tiny bit on my forehead to speed things up but I need to be more patient.

But overall I'm lightening good and some co-workers at my job are looking at me a little longer. So I know it's working.:D

I think a combo of a weekly peel and applying a lightening cream daily wonderful for my complexion.

Anybody else doing a lightening/peel program?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fair & Flawless [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone! I'm new to these boards. I used to reside in the U.S.A now I live in Canada with my mom and little brother. Anyway, here is my story: I was thinking of buying a lightening creams for my body/face and came across Godiva products. I was pretty convinced about buying it at first...

Fair&Flawless... [ 17 Answers ]

Has anyone tried fairandflwaless? (http://www.fairandflawlessskin.com) I’ve been getting mixed testimonies about it and I also know it’s quit expensive. Has anyone tried it before and if so did it work or not? I really need honest answers please. Thanks!

Science fair [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My daughter isn`t sure if she would like to do her science project on yawning.She mentioned something about how much bacteria is on a vending machine coke can?I don`t have a clue!HELP! Does anyone know of any unique ones?Aparently that is one thing the judges look for.What about science vs....

Help of fair pricing. [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing some Random work for some people what are fair prices for: 1 Painting a small deck 2 Laying seed and fertilizing 3 Planting shrubs 4 digging up shrubs 5 mowing a small yard 6 replacing sprinkler heads 7 laying straw 8 putting up fences

View more questions Search