Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Sep 10, 2007, 08:09 AM
    Growing late.
    Hello there, wel I'm 16 and I'm turning 17 in jan next year. Im just wondering do I have time to grow taller? Becos I curently stand at 5"6 and my dads 6foot.

I know some people just shoot up but I'm just wondering when I will.:)
    All my mates just seem to shoot up in the holidays lol. But I still haven't.

Please help out if you have had any similar situation etc.
    -thanks for reading
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 10, 2007, 08:11 AM
    I had a growth spurt about your age. Shot up 3-4 inches over a 4 month period. So, I would say it's a possibility. I am now 6'1" while my dad is 5'11".

Sep 11, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Yeah I really do hope so... most of my friends have overgrown me.
    edzmedz Posts: 180, Reputation: 12

Sep 11, 2007, 03:37 AM
    Why are you bothering yourself with this? Your height is just a tiny part of who you are. I understand that at your age such things preoccupy you and peer pressure doesn't make it any easier but if you don't grow any single inch further don't stress too much about it you hear!? Unless you want to be a basketball player that is. Someone once said (I forgot where I heard it lol) that you should focus more on developing your existing strengths rather than on improving your weaknesses, (if you perceive your stature as a weakness I mean) and I think it makes sense. Take care
    trueblooe Posts: 31, Reputation: -9

Sep 11, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel-2
    Hello there, wel im 16 and im turning 17 in jan next year. Im just wondering do i have time to grow taller? becos i curently stand at 5"6 and my dads 6foot.

I know some people just shoot up but im just wondering when i will.:)
    all my mates just seem to shoot up in the holidays lol. but i still havnt.

please help out if you have had any similar situation etc.
    -thanks for reading
    You will grow as your hormones are directed to grow be paitient you know some folk actually wish they were getting younger than older

Sep 17, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Thanks for all your views. I really do want to get taller badly, just need it badly. I can't explain what's going on but I really need it. I need it.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 17, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Boys will commonly grow until they're around 21. Lots of kids I knew came back their last year of school 3" taller than they were before that summer break. :)

Sep 18, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Thank you! Just needed some information like that.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

Growing apart [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I got married really young. We got married when I was nineteen. He is the only man that I have ever been with. Over the past couple of years I have become a different person. I have started to question everything including my marriage. I love my husband but do not think that I am in love...

Growing up [ 5 Answers ]

Seeing my 11-year-old son perusing a website filled with photos Of Britney Spears, I commented, "She certainly is pretty. Which picture do you like best?" "I don't know," he mumbled, embarrassed by his newfound interest In girls. "I'm just reading about her." I came closer and peered...

Will I keep growing? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had my period for about a year and I wanted to know if I'm still growing. I'm 12. I heard that after I had my period I would have 2 years to grow but I'm not sure.

Growing up [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I am 13 years old and in the 7th grade. I have just started to have to shave my armipits and I have been shaving my legs for years. I have also just started sweating a lot to. Is that just part of growing up or is it that I need different deoderant now that I started to shave. I have had...

View more questions Search