Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marzapan741 Posts: 478, Reputation: 14

Sep 9, 2007, 07:17 AM
    No wodner Popeye loves OliveOil
    HHAhaha ^^^^^

Okay but seriously. Olive oil is fatting.
    But yet why is it considered so healthy for you?
    I see no difference between olive oil and other oils.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Hello x:

I guess if all you do is LOOK, you wouldn't see a difference. But, it IS different. Other oils clog your arteries. Olive oil UN-clogs 'em. That's a pretty big difference. Fish oils do the same thing.

excon

Sep 9, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Does it really? I just hard its makes you have healthier skin

Its still fatting though right?

Sep 9, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Does it really? I just hard its makes you have healthier skin

Its still fatting though right?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Hello again:

You shouldn't get your health information over the back fence. Young lady, I'm not going to lie to you. Screw your skin. I'm talking about adding YEARS to your life.

excon
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Olive oil is considered a healthy oil because of its high content of monounsaturated fat (mainly oleic acid) and polyphenols. Why is that important to know? Because there is evidence from epidemiological studies to suggest that a higher proportion of monounsaturated fats in the diet is linked with a reduction in the risk of coronary heart disease. This is of significance because olive oil is considerably rich in monounsaturated fats, most notably oleic acid.

There is a large body of clinical data to show that consumption of olive oil can provide heart health benefits such as favourable effects on cholesterol regulation and LDL cholesterol oxidation, and that it exerts antiinflamatory, antithrombotic, antihypertensive as well as vasodilatory effects both in animals and in humans.

Read the following:
    Olive oil - Better Health Channel.
    Olive Oil Reduces the Risk of Coronary Artery Disease - Olive Oil is Good for Your Heart
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Just a few of the benefits of olive oil are it helps your body maintain a lower weight, lessens the severe effects of arthritis and asthma, reduces blood pressure, inhibits the growth of some cancers and benefits people with diabetes. Polyphenols appear to reduce the chemical oxidation of bad (LDL) cholestrol. Triglycerides, ( the fats in your blood), decrease with olive oils. A compound in Olive Oil called, Oleuropein, prevents LDL cholestrol from oxidizing. With the benefits for your heart, controlling blood sugar levels, and lessening the risk of some cancers I personally believe olive oil is the best choice. As for the fattening part, The truth of the mater is all oils are 100% fat, they all contain 9 calories per Gram, (120 calories a tbsp), So you need to use it sparingly, like anything else, they recommend 2 tbsp per day for health benefits, but remember that would equal 240 extra calories, so you really need to portion out the use of you Olive oil. A lot of cooks on TV say pour the olive oil all over, but think about this... 1/2 cup is about 1,000 calories, so if your dieting, you have to take this into consideration.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
    No wonder the Quran mentions the benefit of olive oil...

Sep 9, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Thank you guys :) That was really interesting to know and excon your pretty funny :p
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
    We are talking to clog the arteries or N0T!
    It is not as fattening or unhealthy as the fat in the McD's!
    AND your body does require a certain amount of healthy fats
    Such as olive oil and omega.

Sep 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
    I like fat.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 27, 2007, 05:01 PM
    I suppose too much of anything can be bad for you. But, olive oil can be really healthy! I use it instead of corn oil, or other oils when I cook. I also like the taste of food cooked in olive oil more than that which is cooked in other oils.

Oct 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
    Yea it just taste so much better :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

He loves me but not all of me. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Here's my problem: he doesn't like a major part of my personality, in fact he hates it and I hate it too. Im quiet and not a real talkative person conversationalist. So it seems that we never really talk, never actually have conversations for a length of time. We text throughout...

I don't know whether he loves me [ 2 Answers ]

He said he loved me, and he told me I was very important for him. We have known each other for almost one year, but actually he never thought about sex. We just study together and go to church together. I think love is intimacy. I can not trust him that he loves me. He is a Christian, but I think...

My ex says he still loves me [ 5 Answers ]

I think I'm going to loose my mind he says he still loves me but we both have moved on :( and its weird because I never wanted to end our relationship and every time we see each other gets so hard to walkaway I really don't know what to do because I still love him to but I don't want to hurt the...

How to know my boyfriend really loves me [ 6 Answers ]

OK well here I go with my story I think it will be kind off long but I need you guys help so please read everything OK will I like my boyfriend since the first time I saw him I met him in school on September 5 2006 I liked him since then At the beginning of the year they put us together in...

View more questions Search