Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuelluvsliz Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Neg Am loan
    I just refinanced, but I went through a messed up lender. They told me that my payment was at a 4% and of couse said my payment would be low which it was but I did not realize that it was a negative am loan. I didn't even know what that was until I got my statement from the bank. They also gave me a home equity line which is all used up because they did it toward the house payment. Now I have to pay more each month than I did before and now I have to wait 3 years on the Neg am before I can sell or refi because of the pre pay penalty. Can someone please give me some advice??
    Joe Mortgage Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by samuelluvsliz
    I just refinanced, but I went through a messed up lender. They told me that my payment was at a 4% and of couse said my payment would be low which it was but I did not realize that it was a neg am loan. I didn't even know what that was untill I got my statement from the bank. They also gave me a home equity line which is all used up becuase they did it toward the house payment. Now I have to pay more each month than I did before and now I have to wait 3 years on the Neg am before I can sell or refi beacuse of the pre pay penalty. Can someone please give me some advice????
    I hate when I run into people who have been put into situations like this, the good thing is that you may still have options.
    What state do you live in and what is the best way to contact you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

Negative test [ 4 Answers ]

I went to my gyno yesterday round 530pm and she took an urine test and said it came out negative. But I was wondering if I had my period about 3 or 4 days before this visit and had unprotected sex the day after my period ended would it still show up in my test. I know the test came out...

Negative test but late... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I...

Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

My period was due to start January 7th. My last one was December 10th. I have my period every 28 days. I was also due to start February 4th but didn't. I have taken six home tests that came back negative. I feel pregnant and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Anyone had this problem? Do you...

View more questions Search