Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GODINEEDANELIXIR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
    No Health Insurance
    My friend is 25 and has cancer. She doesn't have any health insurance. Are there programs that can help get her medical attention.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 6, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Absolutely!

I work in a cancer clinic and we employ someone who helps people like your friend find assistance. Your friends doctor will likely have billing staff that can also put him/her in touch with local help.

If you're in the USA, there are local government offices that can help you (Medicaid)Financial Assistance and Other Resources - National Cancer Institute
    Have your friend get in touch with the national cancer institute or the american cancer society.. they often offer financial aid to those in need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend just recently had an accident where his hand went through a glass pane. He ended up tearing three tendons. This required one night of hospital stay and surgery. He then has to go to rehab for it. Unfortunately, he was just cut off his parent's insurance, and so he does not...

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

Health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Some of you may already know that I've been looking for affordable health insurance for my family. I have a few questions. What are these companies that I'm calling that look up different quotes for you and say that they will be your agent to deal with the insurance company? Do you have to...

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search