Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    summertime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Does shared parenting mean I can't leave the state?
    I have been divorced for 7 years and I was thinking about moving out of state. We have shared parenting in the state of Florida. Do I have to have my ex permission to move?
    dreamangel226 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Sep 5, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Consult family court (I'm guessing they made those arrangements) to see exactly what the specifications are for your situation or you could always consult an attorney for clarification.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 03:27 PM
    You need to check your divorce decree and see if it address moving. Are you the residential parent? If so, and your divorce decree doesn't address moving, you will need to get the other parents' consent before moving with the child out of state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I leave state with my 2 children? [ 2 Answers ]

There are NO court papers. Never married to the father. I want to move to OH from AZ in a month. I know AZ is a mother state but is it legal for me to move? Can he make me come back if he goes to court? I live with the father. But want out of the relationship. Yes the father's name IS on the birth...

What if she's pregnant and tries to leave the state [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are having a baby... Q: Is there a way I can stop her from the leaving the state (California) with my child Which will make it very difficult for me to visit my child if her an I are not going to Work out? If so how do I go about it? Thank you for any...

I want to leave the State with Children [ 3 Answers ]

I have been separated for 11 years. We have two teen aged chldren that have lived with me the whole time. I want to move out of state with them to be near family and I have a better job where I am wanting to move. Problem is their father has Huntington's disease and I wanted him to move with us so...

Child custody... Can she leave the state [ 5 Answers ]

I had posted on here a couple of weeks ago about how my wife is talking with an ex and considering leaving me. She hasn't left yet, but its something we fight about everyday. I just have 1 simple question. Lets assume we divorce and she gets custody of our daughter. If she were to move to...

View more questions Search