Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Sep 5, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Meds to prevent sickness
    I am around 16 kindergarteners everyday. Imagine the running noses and coughs I encounter. I am 14 weeks pregnant and am trying to prevent becoming sick. I know there is something you can take to help prevent getting sick. I think one brand is called airborne. It is something to boost your immune system. Has anyone tried anything like this? Or does anyone know of a brand I can check out? I wanted to get more information about it before I ask my doctor if it is safe to take. Or does anyone know another safe method to help prevent me from catching all the little germs the kids bring into the classroom?
    bayareaslapzz Posts: 49, Reputation: 5

Sep 5, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Yes the brand name is Airborne.. which was invented by an elementary school teacher. The brand has a reputation for being very consistent with good results. It was made especially for the same reasons you have dealing with children going to school sick. I'm not a school teacher but I use it a lot. Its 5x better than thera -flu
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Sep 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
    I would take some Airborn to your doc and let them tell you yes or no. Otherwise all you can do is 1. get a flu shot when the time comes (next month I think) and 2. wash your hands frequently, don't put them in your mouth, cough and/sneeze into your elbow. Use some Lysol on doornobs and lightswitches. Don't let the kids handle your pens, pencils and chalk. Eat healthy, drink lots of water, and exercise. That's about all I can come up with right now. Oh, when you use the restroom if the paper towel dispenser isn't automatic release some paper towel BEfORE you wash your hands. Then use the paper towel to turn off the water and get more paper towel. Remember to open the door with the paper towel you dry your hands with. Too many people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 5, 2007, 02:54 PM
    The best thing is hand washing... hand washing... hand washing. LOL

Teach those little ones the right way to do it.

Otherwise, you really need to discuss OTC meds directly with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deworming meds [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is colleen and I have 3 cats. One of which I just discovered this morning, has worms in his feces. I just spent 150 dollars this past week at the vets with him because he had a uti. I don't have the money to take him again. I would like to know if anyone could tell me the best over...

Type of meds 2 help kick pain meds. [ 5 Answers ]

I was told there are medications to help kick pain pill addiction. PLEASE if anyone knows the names of them whether meds or a supplement let me know.

How to prevent miscarage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm one of those worrying types and I was wondering what is the best way to prevent a miscarage ? If there is any tip or advice feel free to tell me thanxs again

Which anxiety meds to use [ 1 Answers ]

I'm been having anxiety attacks especially while driving. I've been trying deal with my anxiety without medication, but the fight is getting harder. When I deal one symptom another one arises. So lately I've been taking xanax right before I due to drive home. Speaking with my doctor, she...

Can I prevent a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any means of preventing a debit collector or bank from obtaining a judgement against me? Do I have any legal methods prior to a judgement being filed?

View more questions Search