Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacha Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2007, 05:01 AM
    Trying to get pregnant:update
    If you have read my past post, you already know that I am trying to get pregnant. The last post I put on here was that I was getting a pelvic sonogram to make sure my ovaries are okay. Well I just back my results Saturday and found out that I have several cysts on my ovaries. I have a condition called PCOS. I was very shocked and scared to hear such news. My gyn knows I am trying to get pregnant so instead of giving me BC she prescribed me METFORMIN and I have to return to the gyn at the end of the month just to see how I'm doing on the meds. Do you guys think putting me METFORMIN was a good move? Will I still be able to have children with PCOS?? :confused:
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Sep 2, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Metformin is an effective treatment for anovulation in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
    sacha Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Sep 3, 2007, 01:55 PM
    O OK because when I read the leaflet about the medicine, it said it was given to people to treat type 2 diabetes. But now I see people who have pcos can take it too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Update, trying to get pregnant [ 8 Answers ]

OK as most of you know I am trying to get pregnant, if you have read my past post. Well yesterday morning my period came, such a disappointment. My period came in June, no period in July, and it came this month. I really thought I was pregnant for sure because I was experiencing cramping and my...

Update [ 13 Answers ]

I just got home from the dr appointment. I was schedualed to see a nurse practitioner, but they had me see my dr who was in the office anyway. He said everything is normal... lol... I'm so relieved. The reason he gave for the discharge was because of double the hormones. The contractions are normal...

XP update [ 12 Answers ]

Can someone tell me why when I download the service pack 2 (update) for windows xp and I restart the computer it says error? And a blu page popup telling that windows has encounter a problem and it can not be started What do I have to do I try the same thing 4 times and the problem persist...

View more questions Search