Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crue_boo Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Sep 1, 2007, 08:17 PM
    I need opinions! Should I go blond?
    HI! I am a brunette that HATES routine... and what is more of a routine then your hair in the morning! So I want to go blond... not orange... not white.. . but that cool toned blond color that is close to silver (not grey) with some light brown lowlights. Could you take a look at my face in my picture and tell me if that would look good or bad? Or.. is it worth a try? Im up for the new!! :D The second pic is the same picture as the first, but I used adobe to adjust the colors until my hair was blond... just to get some sort of a clue. ALTHOUGH I don't want that color blond. Remember... cool toned blond :D THANKS
    Attached Images

kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
    I think that with blonde hair you would look okay. But I think the current color looks better. But that's just my opinion.
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
    I don't think it would look bad tough. You could try it and see how it goes. I think if the blond didn't look as good as now it would still look good. I just don't know which would look better.

Sep 1, 2007, 09:06 PM
    I don't even care what looks better.. I just don't want to look like a freak!
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Don't get the wrong idea. I wish I looked more like you. I'm not trying to scare you or anything. And I don't think you look like a freak
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Sep 1, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Yeah go for it, I'd think it'd look good. Everyone says that you shouldn't go too far from your natural color, but you're not going that far.

Sep 1, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Thanks rocker chick... and lmao believe me kt1 I don't always look like that. See the difference!

But.. yea I'm just worried about my brown eyes... some people with brown eyes can REALLY pull it off.. like janine lindemulder.. or nicole ricci.. or... whatever... but then I've seen some people and its like... Dumb dumb dumb lol
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Yeah I think that's what it is that's why I'm like I don't know. But I still don't think it would look too bad and its worth the try.

Sep 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
    I love guys with blonde hair and brown eyes... like Heath Ledger, I think he has brown eyes. Hair always grows back and you can just dye it again, I've dyed my hair so many times... just go to a professional salon and ask them what color of blonde would look best with your skin color. Or just buy some from the store, I've always liked Clariol the best, don't use Loreal
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Well, I would start with baby steps. I wouldn't go super blonde right off the bat just because it is super damaging to your hair and if you don't like it, it can take a long time and many tries to get back so something close to your natural color. I would get a heavy blended foil to start with and then if you like that add some more blonde into the foil each time. As for a cool blonde your skin tone is pretty warm and would look better with warm toned hair. But you never know some people can pull off both cool and warm tones. Give it a shot. After all I always tell people its just hair and if you don't like it eventually you can get back to the color you want. If your sick of doing your hair in the morning (like I am) get a fun funky cut. You don't have to give up length if you don't want. Add a bunch of layers and some fun straight across bangs those would really make your eyes pop. Just an idea.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 2, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Your hair color should look natural and compliment your complexion. On Dark hair, hair color should be no more than 2-3 shades lighter or darker than your natural hair color because it's going to look odd or unnatural. Try not to go too light. For a softer look, I recommend choosing a light brown or dark blonde shade.

Sep 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Thanks everyone! Yea i really like blonds with brown eyes..like vince neil from motley crue..the blond one:rolleyes: ..omg hes hott!!! but yea im afraid to dye it a warm color because i dont want it to look cheap and yellow. I want it to look fresh and ..cool i guess. Well obviously you're the one to know! My face looks quite pinkish in that picture but in reality my skin is very olive toned. I dont have any shades of pink on me at all...mostly yellowish greenish brownish colors. AND I LOVE THAT IDEA!! the bangs idea....i had bangs as a little girl and it looked cute...but.. im afraid of the day when i get sick of them and then when i try to grow them out it looks dumb. Im plainning on actually getting highlights and lowlights..plus a much darker brown underneath. So dark that it looks black but i dont want to die it straight black because that could maybe look somewhat blue-ish compared to my brown hair.....depending on what dye i get. Im getting the highlights and lowlights done professionally...and i was just going to get some long layers. so... should i try bangs?? straight across? off to the side? :confused: I've been cutting my own hair for my whole life basically...so..ive always had plain somewhat layered straight hair....I WANT OUT!!!! :eek:

Sep 2, 2007, 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the advice pretty lady!. but I really do want to try going blond... so what if I went to a light brown... and then to a dark blond.. and then just keep getting lighter from there.. so it will be graduall... heres a picture showing the color I would want. That's Janine Lindemulder... I see her as an example because her eyes are deep brown like mine.. but she still looks so good as both blond and brunette. I actually think she looks better blond.
    Attached Images

PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Sep 3, 2007, 08:44 AM
    I still think it would be best to go no more than 2-3 shades lighter than your current or natural color. But if you really want to go blonde, choose a color that compliments your skin tone. If you have olive skin, avoid blonde shades that has yellow undertones in it. An ash blonde or golden blonde will look best on you. I recommend that you consult with your stylist or colorist before coloring your hair. He/she will be able to help you choose the right color. Don't cut your bangs too short. Longers layers will look good on you. Good luck, sweetie.

Sep 4, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Yeah or you could get emo bangs, that's what I have right now. Side-swept bangs, but you look good how you are
    Hairdesigner Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Go for the straight across bangs it's a very dramatic look and a great way to switch up your look big time with out changing too much. Plus if you don't like them straight across a couple weeks later they will be long enough to sweep to the side. And bang trims are usually free at any salon.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brighten blond highlights [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a shampoo that will brighten my blond highlights - does anyone have an idea of which one I can use? I really want the blond to "pop" against the brown of the low lights. Thank you.:rolleyes:

Blond Hair [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tone hair that is too blonde?

Black to blond [ 1 Answers ]

I know that there is millions of posts like this, I think I've read them all... but I'm still very confused. About 2 weeks ago I dyed my hair black and it was dark brown with pink highlights, so it would match my extensions. I took my extensions out a week ago and I'm thinking about Red hair....

High lift blond [ 1 Answers ]

I have a level 4 and trying to achieve a level 10 or 11 with tint. I am trying to achieve an ash blond and have had results in the past. I am pulling orange or warm tones. I currently use 2/3 40 volume to 1/3 color (8), plus 2 parts blue. This past time I added just a bid of power bleach to the...

View more questions Search