Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kallibear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 11:26 AM
    6 week old Pug suddenly vomiting - what to do?
    My almost 6 week old pug suddenly started vomiting. I have 4 other puppies and none of them are ill. She is still running around but is whining a lot and shakes. I have not changed her diet. Her stomach feels bloated. She really wants to nurse but her mom is at the vets office for an infection in one of her, I'm not sure what you call it, milk sacks. The mom was vomiting, running a fever and had diahrea and became dehydrated so I had to leave her there. I also found out she has a very minor case of hookworms. The vet is closed for the long weekend. He said all the puppies need to be wormed next week. I didn't know if any of this is related to the mom being sick and is there anything I can do for the puppy right now?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I would put an emergency call into the vet, Surely there is someone at the vets office taking care of the sick one. I would say more than likely your poor puppies have hookworms as well. What a mess you are in, I hope your puppy does not die. Spaying the mom before pregnancy could have prevented this mess. I think breeding should be left up to the more qualified, so problems can be dealt with immediately rather depending on the internet for life altering answers. Take care of your puppies and then do some serious reading on breeding and the proper care of dogs before, during and after you decide to let them mate. You may also want to look at the health benefits of spaying your dog. *edit* Go to the top of this page in search type in dehydrated puppies there are some suggestions on what to give your puppy to drink. In the meantime I will keep trying to find out more info, I personally have never dealt with puppies, but I do not see any members online that I know have.
    kallibear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I've had pugs as pets for over 10 years and I never planned on having puppies. Our male was fixed but it just hadn't fully taken effect. We took preventative measures but sometimes this happens, even in humans. By the way, the last female dog I had put under died and I really haven't gotten over that.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I am sorry for your loss, but I really think that it is best all the way round to have a dog spayed. I met a lady at baseball that did not have her golden spayed and she ended up with breast cancer and then a few years later with ovarian cancer. So either way it can be dangerous. I hope you read the post on keeping your puppy hydrated, until the vet opens up I am not sure what else you could do.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Is there an emergancy number for a vet in your area?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pug throwing up [ 6 Answers ]

My one year old female pug will throw up after she eats. Its not all the time but it is enough that I am concerned. Could heat have an impact?

Attack pug! [ 9 Answers ]

I love my pug pup, Annabelle, however lately she has been attacking me and wanting to play a lot, this is fine except that she tries to get my attention the wrong way by tugging at my pant legs and biting at my feet. I have tried flipping her over and scolding her and several other techniques, but...

My pug [ 1 Answers ]

My pug just weaned her puppies about a week ago and now she started bleeding like she is when she comes in heat . Is this a normal thing for dogs to do after they wean them??

My pug puppies [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 six week old pug puppies that don't want to wean from there mother they cry for her so I was wondering do I keep them away from her all times or what.thanks

View more questions Search