Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Where were you born
    Out of curiosity, I wonder where you guys were born. Where were you born and where do you call home and where do you live now. I was born in Nebraska, raised in Alaska and live in Oregon. I have to say that Alaska will always be my home, my whole life was spent there except for the last 6 years here in Oregon! I love it here but a lot of my memories were in Alaska. I will never forget. I am so eager to find out about your birth places and homes!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Born in Kinston NC, moved to Taylorsville NC until I was 10, then moved to western NY northwest of Rochester, then at 17 came to Chicago to college, married a local guy, and am still here. Western NY will always be "home".
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 06:48 PM
    New York, never been, I am a west coast girl, but wouldn't mind seeing it all. Wow, New York. Are you a city or a country girl?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
    The part of western NY I lived in was just south of Lake Ontario, and full of dairy farms and orchards. Rochester was at least a half hour away. My dad was the town minister. The town was population 500. I dated farmers' sons. I've never been to NYC although I was on a vacation driving the perimeter of NYS--over to the Adirondacks, down the Hudson, across the Catskills, along the Southern Tier, and up to the Finger Lakes. Niagara Falls was a frequent day trip.

NYS is very beautiful.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Ah ha, a ministers daughter. Wow, that musta been a cool. I guess I live in the country but miss the sidewalks, if that sounds right.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Start, did you live in an igloo in Alaska? Have you ever been to Florence, OR?
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Florence, of course, my favorite placce is about 25 minutes away from there, called Yahats, I love Florence but to comercial for me. I lived in an igloo only when we had snowball fights, sometimes they would last for hours. Other than that it is just like any other city, silly.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:05 PM
    And yes, they have electricity in Alaska, as well as cars. LOL

I got asked that a lot when I moved back down to the lower 48.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    Florence, of course, my favorite placce is about 25 minutes away from there, called Yahats, i love Florence but to comercial for me.
    One of my coworkers had a boyfriend who was the director of the Florence Public Library. I wonder if he is still there. I lost track of her.

A long time ago, a whale got beached and died on the Florence shore. People, in order to get rid of it, decided to pack it with TNT. There is/was a video of the explosion on the city's Web site.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Did you chew on whale blubber?
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Yes, I wasn't here for that or I would have gone to see the whole thing in person. I hope you get the chance to see the Oregon coast, it is one of the prettiest I have ever seen.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Did you chew on whale blubber?
    I did once to show my respect to some of my native neighbors, but never again I tell you, NEVER!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:08 PM
    People who lived there during the explosion are still picking pieces of whale out of unlikely spots.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:10 PM
    J, I used to get asked about all sorts of stuff but now everyone seems to know better.
    That is gross Wondergirl. Just gross. LOL
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:13 PM
    I'll bet you both have strong opinions about drilling for oil in Alaska and clearcut lumbering there.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:16 PM
    I am going to get in a lot of trouble here I just know it. Let them drill for goodness sakes. I have to add that my dad worked on the pipeline for over 25 years. I am again going to get in a lot of trouble for this , but would it not be nice to be able to buy our own oil. We paid way more for gas and heating than many other states, we were not using local oil. I just don't understand it all but that is where I stand as of now! Ok, go ahead inform me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 07:20 PM
    If anything, curlyben will move this to the Politics board. I shouldn't have asked the question.

Start, how did you get from Nebraska to Alaska (sounds like a song)?
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:24 PM
    You know me to well, I have a song about it, wish you could hear me sing it actually, it is quite cute! "I was born in Nebraska, I was raised in Alaska, I really like it here cause I can drink beer." that is just a bit, my friend and I were on the Kenia River and smokin cigs and drinking, we made it up and it just stuck with us both, she is still my friend and we talk regularly.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    If anything, curlyben will move this to the Politics board. I shouldn't have asked the question.

start, how did you get from Nebraska to Alaska (sounds like a song)?
    I won't talk about it anymore if you don't LOL
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 2, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Born in Greensburg Pennsylvania; I've lived in Raleigh N. C. Philadelphia, back to Pittsburgh and now for some time near Chicago--love Chicago (Go Bears and Steelers!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Born in you.S With diplomatic parents [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if there is someone with similar issue or if any body can help. I was born in NY and my dad was a diplomat. Under the 14th amendment all people born on U.S soil have the right to citizenship. Except children of foreign diplomats. I currently live abroad and would like...

Why are we born ? [ 63 Answers ]

What is the purpose of our life ? To enjoy ? To suffer ?

Looking for son born 2/24/1965 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for my son who was born Feb 24, 1965 at Tampa Bay General Hospital.

Looking for brother born 7/2/47 [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for my half brother who was born in Michigan on July 2 1947. I was wondering is it possible to get a list of male's born on that date who live in and out of Michigan. And is there a way to find spouses and family. Thank you Connie

View more questions Search