Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    The1888message Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Well, if the Son of God where to appear right now, that would mean that the time of trouble has past and the wicked would be calling for the rocks to fall on them and the righteous would be singing praises unto God and the Son.
    I would hope and pray that I would be singing and not srying for the rocks.

Peace and Grace
    David
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
    If Jesus appeared to me in person & said, "I am risen", I would believe him & immediately repent & become a christian. But that is what it would take to convince me Jesus is the Christ, a personal appearance from him. Nothing short of this would convince me that he is the Christ.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    If Jesus appeared to me in person & said, "I am risen", I would believe him & immediately repent & become a christian. But that is what it would take to convince me Jesus is the Christ, a personal appearance from him. Nothing short of this would convince me that he is the Christ.
    How would you know it was Jesus and not a practical joker? :)
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 20, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    How would you know it was Jesus and not a practical joker? :)
    If someone appeared to me out of thin air & had big nail prints in his hands & feet, & a big wound in his side, saying "I am Jesus, & I am risen", then it's a pretty good bet I'd believe it. But that's not going to happen is it ?
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Sep 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deist
    If someone appeared to me out of thin air & had big nail prints in his hands & feet, & a big wound in his side, saying "I am Jesus, & I am risen", then it's a pretty good bet I'd believe it. But that's not going to happen is it ?

It will when he comes a second time.
    The1888message Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2007, 07:49 AM
    This is a very interesting topic.
    I feel the need to point out that we know that Christ will return. However according to Scriptures He will only return at the end of time and that He will have with Him among other things the whole Heavenly host. 1 Thess 4:16,17
    “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

Christ will not return until the end.

If I heard that Christ was somewhere on the earth or that people are seeing Him here or there I would have to follow what the scriptures tell us to do and that is not to go and see nor are we to believe it. Study the gospels on this subject so that you are not deceived by the devil. Matthew 24:23-27
    “Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    Behold, I have told you before.
    Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
    For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Peace and Grace
    David
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Oct 5, 2007, 10:50 PM
    There's no what if about it, He is here now, and I try to conduct myself as such. But I think that when I see the physical body of Christ, after Im done crying and thanking and crying, Ill hug him super tight.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Oct 5, 2007, 10:53 PM
    I would ask for some ID... If it was "Jesus" I would say sorry for not believing in you, now can you fix this world please?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    What will you do if Jesus Christ appear to you right now?
    Worship Him.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Oct 6, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Amen to that !
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Yessiree Bob!
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 27, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Probably sob unrestrained at His feet, thanking Him for choosing me.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2007, 08:20 PM
    Fall, Cry, and stare. All at the same time 0_0
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Oct 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
    What would *I* do?? I'd ask myself:

What would Jesus do?!
    fizzlebent Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    Hello Marily,

I most likely would be very surprised and then I would humble myself before him. Deep in my heart I would want to ask him so many questions but out of respect and sheer surprise, I would probably not be able to speak. Then my actions would go through my head as I woud try to make sure I did what I was suppose to.

In reality though, I feel that if we live our life as a follower of Jesus Christ we shoul welcome his visist. Not that anyone can do that perfectly put that we are at least trying.
    I love to cook and invite people to come on and sit to a meal, so I would invite Jesus to sit and eat a meal with me and my family. I truly feel though that I might be so shocked at his visit I would not really know what I will do until I was in the situation.

Take care,
    Hope12

I Don't think it could be said any better!:)
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Dec 7, 2007, 05:04 PM
    I'd start believing in God real quick!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2007, 05:10 AM
    After I woke up from passing out - I would bow down at his feet. And Thank HIM for all he has done for me!

And a real Christian doesn't need to ask for ID or have anyone else tell them that Christ has come - the Bible tells us we will know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search