Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Getting married
    I am 19 and my fiancé is 27 we've been together for 11 months engaged for 6 months.We would like to get married next June.We've already said that we would get married in the registry office after all that's as good as any other place isn't it? And afterwards have a massive party.The only thing is money.how much would it cost to get married in the registry office and is it the most cheapest way? I know most people would say be sensible and wait till you can really afford it but we really want to get married next June.Were not totally tight on money we just couldn't afford a really big church wedding but were both happy getting marrried in the registry office as long we get married it doesn't matter to us as long as were together.Can anyone roughly give me a estimate how much a registry office would cost to get married? Thanks.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Are you meaning courthouse? When you say registry office? If so, my husband and I did that, it doesn't cost anything. All you pay is for the marriage license which was $40 where we live. The actual marriage by the judge doesn't cost anything.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Locally here, your marriage license is 100 unless you do a counseling course, 40 with the course. The court house wedding is normally at no cost. There are also many pastors here that will do the wedding in their home at no charge either, or for a small amount at your home or location
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Sep 4, 2007, 03:46 AM
    19 is way too young to get married. You have your whole life ahead of you. If this person is really the guy for you another 2 years will let you know and you can still get married. Only a title... Why are you rushing??
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Like others said, a courthouse wedding costs very little but it depends on your area. ($35 here)

Remember, it's the reception that costs the most money (ours was 80% of our budget) so look into cheaper alternatives to celebrate. Having a brunch rather than a night time affair is becoming popular. Its cheaper to feed people eggs, fruit, biscuits, etc. than chicken and steak. We saved a TON by having an afternoon reception and more of a "lunch" style menu with no alcohol. (We saved at least $1,000 this way) Plus, that left us with more money to use on things like the convertible we rented and the honeymoon. ;)

Good luck to you!
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie134
    19 is way too young to get married. You have your whole life ahead of you. If this person is really the guy for you another 2 years will let you know and you can still get married. Only a title ... Why are you rushing????

I no what your saying I have heard it may times that 19 is "to young" although am 20 in few weeks but never the less I am very happy and you know when you have found the right one.my partner really is the person for me and we are getting martried next year maybe it is just a title but it means the whole world to me knowing am going to be spendin the rest of my life with my partner
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
    I got married at 19 almost 22 years ago.

We were sooooooo broke. I had a 2 o'clock wedding so no one would expect to be fed! We had cake and hors d'oerves (and not a lot of that.) Didn't even get the dream honeymoon until our 10th wedding anniversary!

Spend the money on the honeymoon, if you have the money to spend is my advice.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
    As others have stated, the marriage license fee varies, so it is best to call your local clerk of court and ask for the information. You can get married by the Judge or by a minister in your parent's backyard (if you would so desire) or many other options. The reception can be very simple such as a picnic type celebration.

When I got married my future mother-in-law and her sisters made all the sandwiches and salads. All I had to get was the cake. The church provided the coffee and punch. It was on the cheap but it did not matter. What mattered was the day and the people who came to celebrate with us.
    mustang83 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I'm 19 about to turn 20 and my fiancé is a year younger we have known each other since we were 15, have been dating for a year and have lived together for about 9 months, we decieded to get married in a courthouse for now and after we grad college in four years we going to have the proper ceremony with our familys, I'm from New York if it helps any best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

In love with a married man and I am married too. [ 21 Answers ]

I have being married for 11 yrs. And going with a married man for 9 yrs. What do I do? He tells me he love me but, yet keeps important information from me that I needs to know. He puts other people in our relationship, and that's has caused a problem for us. I know that is not right to be with him...

Getting Married [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering. I am engaged to a great guy but he has two kids from two different women. I wanted to know when I get married is there something that I can sign so my income will not be counted so he would pay more child support. I don't want to pay for his kids. I use to get along...

How/were to ask?married. [ 1 Answers ]

:D OK to start this off I'm 19 year's old and my baby Is 26 year's Old we have been together for a year and ahalf... went through some real bad time's and some real good one's... she's the only person I see myself with.I love her with everything I got... I am about to be going off for around a year...

View more questions Search