Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    101350 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Boyfriend dies and family wants condo
    My friend's boyfriend died and now the family wants to sell the condo or get 1/2 from her.
    There has been water damage to the condo from a broken water pipe and has not be repaired yet, she is working with the insurance company. The family wants to sell the house now without being repaired. She talked to real estate attoney $300.00 a hour. What can she do about this??

Well you give it your best. Don't know what to do.

Thank you
    Thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Hello 1:

Who owned the condo? Who's name was the mortgage in? How much is owed? What is the condo worth? Was there a will, and what did it say? How was the title held? What did the $300 an hour attorney say? What do you mean "working with the insurance company"?

Help me, and I'll help you.

excon
    scri8e Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Sep 2, 2007, 07:54 AM
    How much time has passed? It's probably going to be tied up in probate.
    Who is the personal rep for the deceased?
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Sep 2, 2007, 06:13 PM
    She needs to FIX the water leak and wait... depending on how title was held to the condo, family may not have ownership interest in the unit... she needs to have a title search and THEN have a discussion with a RE attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My family does not accept my boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 37. My daughter is 14 and son is 12. I've been divorced for 4 years. I've been dating a wonderful man for 3 years. We want to marry but my entire family does not approve. Not only do they not like my boyfriend they simply feel I need to wait until my children are grown and moved...

My boyfriend is not letting our relationship go farther.like telling his family. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so my boyfriend (24) and I(20) have been together 5 months now and at first it was great he was fun and always wanted me around he even asked me to move in with him really early on, and I did. It was all fine untill recently I feel like every morning I give up, and every night when he comes home...

Evicting boyfriend from MY condo [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Chesapeake, VA. I broke up with my boyfriend for a few reasons... one when he gets mad he throws things into the walls (recently a cell phone which put a hole in the wall) and he's also addicted to vicodin and walks through the door looped every day. I told him he has to leave, I know I...

View more questions Search