Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lozzajayne Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Hi everyone I have a ? On concievin
    I am a healthy 19 year old and my partner is a healthy 27 year old well apart from smoking he may smoke up to 10 a week.We have both been trying for a baby for 9 months now still with no luck.recently I went to the docs for a test and found I had no infections or anything and my partner went to the sexual health clinic and got the all clear (altho I haven't been tested for sti's as I felt no need as my partner is the only person I have slept with unprotected and as he got the all clear I would 2 so I didn't make an appointment).We chart my ovulation dates although this is starting to become difficult as my cycle can be irregular at times. So we decided to have sex everyother day.I have also been taking pre-natal vitamins for the past month (pregnacare).After intercourse I place a small pillow underneath me as I have heard this helps.I came off the pill in December last year.We long for a child of our own but this doesn't seem to be happening for us.We feel as though we are trying everything but still don't know why it isn't happpening for us has anyone got any other advice to give us? I know it can take most couples up to a year to conceive.My partner has already got 2 boys ages 4 and 6 from a previous relationship but we long for our own child.Any advice really appreciated.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Sounds like you are doing a fine job; like you said, it can take healthy couples up to a year to conceive if they have never been on any sort of birth control. Your doing all of the right things you just need to relax and make your environment as stress free as possible. Stress can play a huge role in becoming pregnant. Irregularity can also hold you back when trying to conceive because it makes it a little harder to pinpoint ovulation. Have you been charting ovulation signs? This is more accurate than simply charting the dates you think you will be fertile. How irregular are you? There are numerous factors that determine how fertile a woman is, such as her age, whether and how often she ovulates, whether her cervical fluid is wet enough to sustain sperm, whether her fallopian tubes are open, etc. But the most important of all is the release of the egg itself. If you don‚t release an egg that often, you don‚t have as many opportunities to get pregnant. Take a deep breath, make your hubby stop smoking, chart your fertility signs, and keep doing what your doing... it will happen when the time is right. Try charting with Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com , it's very helpful and they provide a lot of info. Good luck and remember, your 19, you have a long time to try and make a baby :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search