Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 11:57 AM
    How to Get Into Pro Photography!
    Hey!

Well after taking time for myself I finally decided I want to go into the field of photography I really enjoy taking photos and decided I want to make a career out of what I like to do!

I take pictures with my digital cam and that's as much as I no to do lol

I was wondering what I should do as a beginner. Community college corses

Id like to do some computer graphics as well which I'm assuming ill have to tie it into.

HELP! Lol any advice as to how I should go about making this a career is Greatly apprecated! THANKS!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Taking college community colleges courses would help. If you are interested in taking pictures of people, than you might want to consider getting into portraiture photography.

Beginning photographers can get a good start by working for companies that shoot and sell portrait photography in churches and schools. Lifetouch, PCA International, Olan Mills and others are always looking for beginning photographers. Olan Mills would be the "Cadillac" of that particular industry. Also, everything that Olan Mills does is digital. It isn't necessarily that way with other companies. But, it would be good to learn how to shoot with older cameras also, so that you would be able to do anything as the situation might demand.

You wouldn't be doing the selling for these outfits, but just taking the pictures. A salesperson would be handling the sales part of it.

I also believe that the training for any of these companies is free. Sometimes they will even fly you out to where the main office is for the training.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A-1 Photography [ 13 Answers ]

I need help with A-1 Photography

A-1 photography [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help with a-1 photography practice sets please:eek:

A1 Photography [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with the A1 Photgraphy practice set