Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingdktgrv Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Ex or Coke.. . Good idea?
    My girlfriend has said that she feels as if she has lost the chemistry between us.
    I have read that cocaine and exctasy both release the same chemicals in the brain (Dopamine and Endorphin) as falling in love and getting that everything-we-do-gets-me-naturally-high stage. Should we try it once and see if it gets back to our falling in love again or should we go out and re-experience that with others..?

By the way, if this is a dumb idea please tell me
    If not.. . Cocaine or Exctasy based on how dangerous either drug is and how addicting they are. We don't want to become junkies.. . just try something crazy once and expereince something new together again.

Please help. Thank you
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 12:23 AM
    When you come down from the drugs she'll just feel the same as before. And you'll want to use the drug again to get back those feelings.

I think this is a slippery slope and a really bad idea.
    kingdktgrv Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2007, 12:28 AM
    If anyone has ever done ecstasy can you please tell me real-life side effects and immediate (or no) addiction following
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 12:36 AM
    I think falling in love is a bit more complicated than a dopamine and seratonin high. For example there is oxytocin and endorphins.

Anyway if you take ectasy you will feel not the same afterwards but actually worse- depressed. This is because you get such a large dose of serotonin your 5HT receptor get overkill- they stop responding. So that your natural amount just isn't enough anymore.

As for cocaine, it doesn't even make you act loved up, just arrogant and aggressive. People on cocaine happen to be the biggest jerks I have ever met. Also it is addictive, and expensive.

Spend your money on fun activities if you want to re light the flame not synthetic feelings and distorted perceptions. Go out there and do something unusual together - this has been proven to keep couple together. Work on why you are drifting away. Do yo listen enough etc.

You posted on child and teen health so I'll add your brain is still growing, reforming sorting itself out preparing for adulthood. This is one of the reasons you'll be an emotional wreck that sleeps for 14 hours a day. Add drugs and you'll mess everything up further.

So there you have it the science is wrong and the consequences bad = one of the most stupid ideas I've heard in a long time.

The only thing you'd fall in love with here is the drug.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    When you come down from the drugs she'll just feel the same as before. And you'll want to use the drug again to get back those feelings.

I think this is a slippery slope and a really bad idea.
    I agree with you. Besides that, both drugs are illegal. You would face great risk in obtaining and using them.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdktgrv
    This is an absolutely dumb idea... no drug will fix a relationship... you will only start a new one with the drug.
    teasy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Drugs are totally bad. Neither will make either of you have a better realationship and if you feel like they were fun or whatever (get addicted)then ull keep doing it and end up idiots. Go have fun, have sex ,just no drugs
    Pink594 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 09:31 AM
    My girlfriend has said that she feels as if she has lost the chemistry between us.
    I have read that cocaine and exctasy both release the same chemicals in the brain (Dopamine and Endorphin) as falling in love and getting that everything-we-do-gets-me-naturally-high stage. Should we try it once and see if it gets back to our falling in love again or should we go out and re-experience that with others . . . ????

If not. . . Cocaine or Exctasy based on how dangerous either drug is and how addicting they are. We dont want to become junkies. . .just try something crazy once and expereince something new together again.

Please help. Thank you
    Hey I know from experance that e or exacsy same thing isn't going to help
    When I first starting dating my boyfriend he was on e
    And sex wasn't good at all
    It's a bad habbit
    And makes you feel like
    He said all it does is make your life good for a short amount of time
    And then your body turns to
    And it never feels better agean
    Me and my boyfriend have been going out for well over a year now
    And he hasn't done e sense the first week we dated
    And its still not all out of him
    He says he wishes he wouldn't of done to start with
    It just turns you to anger and he says
    Honestly from my and his experance it didn't do anything good
    And it will kill your relationship
    Lilmsperfect Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 09:56 AM
    I have read that cocaine and exctasy both release the same chemicals in the brain (Dopamine and Endorphin) as falling in love and getting that everything-we-do-gets-me-naturally-high stage. Should we try it once and see if it gets back to our falling in love again or should we go out and re-experience that with others . . . ????

If not. . . Cocaine or Exctasy based on how dangerous either drug is and how addicting they are. We dont want to become junkies. . .just try something crazy once and expereince something new together again.

Please help. Thank you
    NO NO NO NO NO ! Yes this is a dumb idea! I myself was addicted to both drugs and no it does not make you fall in love believe me! You may feel it when you are on it but it is an agatant and everything around you will agatate you including your girlfriend. They are both highly adictive and this stupid idea that you both have that you will try it the once and that's it is so not true believe me! Some people can try it and that's it but most people try it and are addicted the first time! And it's a hard abbit to kick. Your relationship will never be the same as when you started as you no more about one another and have been through things with one another. But why go back to the same when you can make it better. Do things like paintballing or things you have never tried but not drgs have a laugh and spen quality time with one another me and my partner did the same thing when we wernt clos and it does work!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 01:33 PM
    There really is no love potion for love. Sometimes losing the chemistry is a sign that 'she' fell out of love and the only genuine way to fall back in love is the intangible chemistry of how you relate to each other! Many relationships are just
    Relationships that work because you are both committed being loving and devoted to one another and do not have a chemistry. Chemistry wears off with most relationships, if it even was there at all, and you are left with love and devotion and the everyday life.
    There is no sense in getting a high to *regain* love because when the high wears off so would the feeling of being in love (IF she even would get that particular feeling with the high) and it would be living a lie any way so what would be the point??
    Just like getting high to avoid facing reality~~~reality is STILL there when the high is over!
    Lilmsperfect Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
    Not only can bad things happen on these drugs you will feel like crap in the morning!
    Keatts16 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2007, 12:31 PM
    You know, chocolate does the same thing. Maybe you should just get her some nice chocolate? Lol well I don't think doing drugs to save a relationship is the answer. It will mess up your bodies, and you could get addicted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Dumped him but want him. Maybe not a good idea. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, After dealing with so much heart break in my one year relationship with my boyfriend, I decided I need to look for some help and came upon this forum. I was with my boyfriend for about a year. I told him in the beginning that I was looking to get into a meaning relationship that could...

Bicycle helmets are USUALLY a good idea. [ 7 Answers ]

... but sometimes a parachute would be more appropriate :)

Is ged a good idea? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a freshman and I guess I don't do good in school... well I definitely don't do goodthis quarter I got n u u n u u f and last quarter I got a 57 average and only passed one class( the way my school works is the firrst quarter of every term you get alpha grades like S G E U or N) and my mom...

Is nursing a good idea [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I always wanted to be a surgeon, but I know it takes time to be that. So I was thinking that I go to college and become a nurse and get a job that pays good with nursing and continue my studies to be a surgeon. Is that a good idea am not sure so help me out here please :confused:

View more questions Search