Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerardymolawd Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2007, 05:51 PM
    When should I Propose?
    Im 16 and wondering when is the right age to Propose!!
    Me and my girlfriend talk about getting married all the time but I want to know when will b the right time to actually pop the question?:confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 23, 2007, 05:52 PM
    When you can afford to buy her a nice engagement ring.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Being old enough to actually marry might be a good time.

Aug 23, 2007, 05:55 PM
    So you think any age as long as I can afford the ring?? RE to Scott Gem

But I think its not about when I'm getting married I think its about love!! RE to macksmom

Aug 23, 2007, 06:00 PM
    You asked about getting engaged, not married. You shouldn't marry until you have a job that can support you both. Now if you want to go for a long engagement then go ahead. Personally I would wait.

Aug 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Yeah I no that was to the 2nd answer to my question... I no I'm nowhere near old enuff to marry... I want to no about engagement because I think it will help us truly show our love for each other... I reckon a long engagement could be a good thing like but I'm not too sure
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Well what you could do is get her a "promise ring". It shows your commitment to her... and then I agree with Scott you then should focus on both of you being financially stable and maybe wait to actually "get engaged and married"... you both still have a lot of growing to do, and you can do it together without getting engaged or married right away.

Aug 23, 2007, 06:07 PM
    I think that a promise ring is a good idea... I no I cannot anywhere near afford to gt married and that I need financial stability first... I am working hard and so is my partner in our skool work to get ourslevs great qualifications to support each other now so mayb I should wait for a few years first
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
    In about 10 years
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
    At least 5 more years. Finish high school, college, get a job and then get married, A much better future.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Finish high school, college, get a job, and then think about it.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 08:05 PM
    I think your main concern right now should be graduating HS. You are too young to be thinking engagement and marriage. Date and finish school. Engagement can come much later.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Let me tell you what I think, I think the "promise ring" would be a good start. You are too young to think of marriage right now. I know that is not what you wanted to hear and are saying,"but we love each other". Well I never have been able to pay my house payment with LOVE. You both need to go to college , obtain a good job. Get settled in your jobs, then and only then get engaged, wait about a year or two then get married. Just an old schooler's thoughts here.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I CAN NOT BELIEVE TEENS THESE DAYS!!

Why in a rush? Huh?

U haven't met many people, never worked in a real world, never being to college... you will have different views on life and the world after all those.

The basic, where will you get the money to buy the engagement ring first? Where you going to live?

U tell me!

I recommend you do this after 7 years, after you have a steady job and a solid financial foudation.

Geez, can't believe teens these days.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 25, 2007, 04:36 PM
    I have some ideas for you that I've heard before. Such as taking her out to the beach or some nice place like that and asking the question

Jan 21, 2008, 04:47 AM
    I bought the promise ring and she realli liked this idea... she said shed love 2 spend the res of her life with me and that I was right to do this though before buying an actual ring
    hossbonnam Posts: 62, Reputation: 9

Feb 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
    I got married young, Didn't even know myself at the time. I wanted out 2 years later and didn't get out until 13 years later. Much suffering happened.

Unfortunately every couple has a 50% chance these days. If its true love then shell be there in 5 years from now.. please don't rush it, thinking your going to lose her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Don't rush into anything. The promise ring is good. Then come back and ask us again in a couple years... but by then you will probably have answered your own question.

Feb 1, 2008, 08:32 PM
    13sldr disagrees: its not that I don't dissagree, but don't you have to be 18 to buy jewlery?

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Second, no you don't have to be over 18 to purchase jewelry. Don't know where you got such an idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I Propose? [ 8 Answers ]

Seeing as no one here has replied to any of my previous questions (which I really hope someone is going to soon, please!) I would like to ask for advise and better yet, if someone can see into my future... I am thinking of proposing to this guy who I have mentioned in my earlier question. His dob...

Is he getting ready to propose [ 4 Answers ]

What are the signs he is about to propose marriage, or he is thinking about proposing?

View more questions Search