Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klee2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Water Heater Whistle
    I have changed the elements and thermostats in water heaters before, but today I changed both on our electric water heater (the lower units) and when I turn the power back on it instantly starts to whistle. It is definitely a whistle no other way to describe it. It happens before the water has a chance to heat or anything.

Any ideas?
    clochoa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2008, 08:59 AM
    I am Master plumber of 40+ years. Just finished installing 80 gal electric water heater in personal homeand same thing happened. Call factory and they advised me to tighten both elements. This was a first for me but it seemed to work
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 09:57 AM

There may be air in the tank, open all your faucets until all the air is out and see if it makes any deference, Thanks.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 15, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Expect some noise as the lower element reacts to the cold water in the tank. The noise should subside as the water heats up and the top element kicks in. Good luck, Tom
    skrzyppy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 06:56 PM
    I have a hot water natural gas boiler to heat my home.one of the radiant baseboard heater starts to whistle when pressure seems the greatest.how can I correct this problem?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2011, 07:47 PM

Hello Skrzyppy,

This is a two years old post, for more visibilty start your own thread and the experts will respond to you, to start your own post go to the plumbing page and click on ask about plumbing and start your thread, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

View more questions Search