Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2003, 11:59 AM
    Capture vhs vidio to h/disk
    Have a win TV go pci card installed on my pc.
    I want to capture old films from my vhs machine on to my computer .
    Everything is fine except for one thing, I can only capture 23 minutes of film at one time and some of the films run for at least 2 hrs.
    Is there anyway I can get around this.I'm running :-

Windows xp
    Amd 2000xp cpu
    512 ddr memory
    20gb free space on h/drive

Please help
    Bill
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2003, 08:22 AM
    capture vhs vidio to h/disk
    Video takes up a lot of space. Maybe you don't have enuf hard drive space.
    bd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2003, 08:28 AM
    Thank's for your help but I've got plenty of h/disk space 40 gbs. If you come up with anything else let me know thanks once again
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 11:51 AM
    Check your software setting. I'm not sure what progy your are using to record with but if you have that big drive of your partioned let say if it a 40gig HD and you have the first drive partioned at 10 gig and the second at 30 and you have windows installed on the first and then use the second for everything else Ill bet that the software is installed on the primary partition and so when you go to record its saving it to a folder within the area that the software is installed at so even though you have a big HD your only dealing with what left of the smaller partition. If you cannot choose somewhere in the program where you want to save the recorded file to you need to unistall the software and do a custom install and make sure you install it on the larger drive. If this isn't it you can message me and Ill get some more info from you.
    mahi_val Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2003, 07:13 AM
    I am not convinced that it’s a problem with the disk space because a 2 hour movie will take around 900MB space if saved in .that format. This much space should be available if the total disk space is 40GB.

May be it is a problem with software setting related to output file type or even it can be a problem with the old tape that it has some noice after 23 minutes and the software is unable to detect the data.

Have you tried using different tapes? Or you are trying with only one tape? Also let us know which software you are using to convert?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to capture video streaming ? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, There is a short video clip that can only viewed online(doesn't work with right click "save as"), however, I wish to capture the video clip down. When I clicked the file, it prompted realone player... I have tried some shareware video capture program but it just show blank... any help ?...

Mac Mini Video Capture? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, All hard drives in the mini are rated at 5400 rpm. This being the case, what is the suitability of this unit to capture video? I know I'd have to get an external converter and firewire it to the Mini. Also is firewire 400 OK to use in this way? Thanks.

WebBrowser - Text capture [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Pl help me for the following... By making an internet browser in VB by using WebBrowser control, how can I get the text in a particular link (corresponding text for each hyper link)of a browsed page. The link positions are to be changed by moving 'tab' key. So I have to get the text...

View more questions Search