Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassytazzzzy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Worried about our new baby kitten
    We just got a kitten about 8 days ago. He was so playful in the beginning but has seemed to become tired a lot. He is about 2 &1/2 months old. We also got two others that are 7 weeks old. I smelled this foul odor and found our kitten Taz in the litter box so I thought I would take a look. What I found has me concerned:eek: :eek: . The stool was runny and lots of mucus and some blood. I called for my niece and we both got worried. Not sure if it will effect the others as well as my cat Sweet Pea who is over 1 year and fixed. This kitten Taz belongs to my daughter who has always wanted one. Can any one give me some clue as to what this could be:confused: ? I have owned lots of cats and love then dearly, but have never seen this before. I will take him to the vet and get all them the shots and fix then all. I would be so thankful to receive some answers to what this could be. :cool:

Thank you from Washington state:eek:
    iloveLf221 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Aug 21, 2007, 06:46 PM
    It could be panleukepenia (distemper), which causes a runny, and sometimes bloody stool, you should keep the cats separated, because they, too, could easily catch it, just take him to the vet and they could give you come antibiotics or other treatments for him, that would be the best thing because they can determine how sever it is, and give him a definite diagnosis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Worried! [ 21 Answers ]

Ok I have been going out with my boyfriend for a few months now but lately I haven't been able to talk to him! And I've met his best friend and he helps me whenever I need it. But I've been talking to him more then my boyfriend and I'm worried I might fall for him and stop loving my boyfriend. What...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Worried about losing my baby girl. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I argue a lot. Not physically. Well, I love him so much, but both of us do not want to be together if we are always going to argue. We don't want that for our baby girl. I am really worried though that if we did break up that because of some of his family he will try to get custody...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

View more questions Search