Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marksabatino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 02:49 AM
    European appliances fitting the usa standard
    I currently live in Norway and purchased 4 major appliances, Electolux dishwasher, washing machine, stove and a Bosch refrigerator. Will therse work when I move back to the USA? If so, How do I convert the electricity(voltage) and what about the dimensions fitting into an American kitchen (stove and dishwasher, in particular). Any ideas?
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Aug 21, 2007, 02:51 AM
    Only an electrical pundit myself but I believe you can buy an adaptor for the US. I've taken a few things like this apart in the past and for a more permanent solution I would think that you would be able to have the appliances cheaply rewired at the power point when you move back to the US.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Would it not be more cost effective to sell these items and purchase new in the States? I would think the cost of shipping back would make it more economical. Just a thought

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Standard of care vs standard of practice [ 3 Answers ]

In terms of medicine, what is the difference between the standard of care and the standard of practice?

Usa and indian income for taxes in usa [ 2 Answers ]

Myself and my wife are green card holders .my son,a us citizen gifts us some shares which we sell from time to time and use proceeds for our personal expenses.This totals around $11000 for 2006. In addition myself and my wife have indian income mainly from dividend and interest and also income...

GE Appliances [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE top freezer refrigerator model # PTS25SHSSS I can not get the controls panel lights to come on. After reading the trouble shooting tips it refers to a possible solution as replace the fuse….but it fails to point out where the fuse is located. Their will be a $70.00 service change. ...

Dangerous appliances [ 3 Answers ]

In what cases does the landlord breach the lease agreement. My family and I have not been living here long but since day one we have been back and forth with the air conditoner unit tripping the breaker. We were told by our landlord on numerous occasions to flip it back; later learning that was...

View more questions Search