Aug 20, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Foreclosure vs bankruptcy
    Which has more negative impact on credit score foreclosure or bankruptcy
    pacific nw Posts: 117, Reputation: 11
    -

Sep 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen07
    which has more negative impact on credit score foreclosure or bankruptcy
    Foreclosure by far. A lender wants to know that you have made every attempt to repay the loan. Filing a Chapter 13 to buy time to pay back the loan shows more intent than just letting the house go to foreclosure. Note: Just because you received a notice of foreclosure doesn't mean that you can't reinstate the loan. Call you lender and see if they will to a forbearance agreement with you.
    Joe Mortgage Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Are you asking because of your situation or just curious about someone else's? Do not forget there are other things that both will bring about... 1099 income from potential difference with short sale or foreclosure. As well as how long they can both stay on your credit with or without future lates.

Your best bet is to contact a bankruptcy and foreclusre attorney directly to really find out the future of your credit potenially with either or both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure vs. Bankruptcy [ 6 Answers ]

My divorce papers have been signed by my ex and myself and I waiting for them to be signed by the judge and returned. The home we shared is in foreclosure and up for sale. I am debating whether to let it foreclose or file bankruptcy first. It has been for sale for 4 months now and I've given up...

Bankruptcy vs. Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

Bankruptcy vs. Foreclosure. Which has the most negative impact on the future of your credit?:

Foreclosure vs Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Which is better? Foreclosure or Bankruptcy?

View more questions Search