Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharlsp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Bathtub wall renovation
    Is it possible to cover a ceramic tile bathtub wall with a fiberglass (or even something else) without having to remove the tile or cover the bathtub. The bathtub is in perfect condition, but the dry heat of desert summers is death on grout?
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Aug 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
    I don't know how bad the grout is , but you can always try to clean the grout and then seal it.
    as for other options with covering the tile, most will need the tile removed, all I can think of would be to use cultured marble slabs, these get liquid nails on the back and set in place, set the back wall first and the too sides walls next,
    you'll need to cut some 2x4s for braces will the liquid nails drys,
    you be left with a few joints that we use 100% silicone
    pergammano Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

Aug 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Gosh, I would never attempt to cover over grout that is already compromised. Be safe. NOT sorry. Remove tiles... a good hardibacker in place & know you've done it right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Renovation contract - bad job by contractor - what next? [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a contract to reno my condo. He was done but because of the length of time and too many issues we ended up on a bad note. He didn't come back to finish the "small" fix ups and I had already paid him in full so why should he. Fast forward 8 months and things are coming apart... shower...

Draining a Bathtub and Wall Drain Toilet [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! I am about to remodel a room in my home into a master suite with a new bathroom. The room was a 600 aquare foot central heated and air conditioned room that the previous owner used for her dogs! It had its own bathtub and cabinets with a sink. There is also a floor drain located in another...

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the...

Hammer in pipe after renovation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I recently had both of my bathrooms renovated and noticed that after you flush either commode there would be a loud thump that was felt in the wall of the great room after the commode tank was finished refilling and the water shut off. The contractors were still working, and before they...

View more questions Search