Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontaskit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Well pressure switch turns off water
    I have a submersible well pump with a pressure tank and a square-d pressure switch. I have it set to cycle between 30 and 65 lbs. Sometimes when the garden sprinklers are on and it swiches stations so two stations are on momentarily and the pressure is close to the low setting (30lbs) it will draw it below the low limit and it never recovers but shuts down. Is there a way to have it cycle at 30lbs as the low but keep pumping if it gets below that instead of shutting off.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontaskit
    I have a submersible well pump with a pressure tank and a square-d pressure switch. I have it set to cycle between 30 and 65 lbs. Sometimes when the garden sprinklers are on and it swiches stations so two stations are on momentarily and the pressure is close to the low setting (30lbs) it will draw it below the low limit and it never recovers but shuts down. Is there a way to have it cycle at 30lbs as the low but keep pumping if it gets below that instead of shutting off.
    Do the contacts close when it drops below 30 but does not turn the pump on? Sounds to me more like a bad switch than anything else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Pump Pressure Switch [ 14 Answers ]

I own a large acre property and am having some plumbing issues. I’ll try and explain this best I can. The Old System: Water was pumped out of the well, through a pressure tank, a holding tank, and then a couple hundred feet up a hill to a 5000 gallon metal tank. From here the water was...

Water handle turns wrong way after I installed new water valve [ 6 Answers ]

Water handle turns wrong way, after I installed new water valve

No Water Pressure Switch help [ 7 Answers ]

I noticed my water pressure was not as good as it used to be, and that when we used water, I did not hear the switch kick on as it once did, so I went out side and seen that the switch was staying closed, so I turned off the breaker, to see if the switch would kick out and reset its self. Well this...

Water pressure switch [ 6 Answers ]

My water supply comes from a well. Recently my water pressure started acting up. As we use water and the water pressure drops it gets to a point where the water stops flowing for about 5 to 8 seconds before the water starts flowing again. Someone told me that my water pressure switch might need to...

Furnace only turns on by manual switch [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Im not an HVAC person, but hope to be armed with a little information before calling a professional and not getting charged for any unnecessary charges. I have a Bryant gas furnace (forced air) that is five years old. I have an electronic/digital thermostat (Honeywell) that controls...

View more questions Search