Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheetah25 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Start capacitor/ run capacitor info
    OK I think I have narrowed my problem down to either a run capacitor or my start capacitor

My fan on top of my unit runs but the compressor will hum for about 3-5 seconds every 5 minutes or so . Is it possible for my duel run capacitor to let the fan run but not let the compressor run, or is the problem my start capacitor?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Yes it is. If you replace it make sure you replace with the same as in it now i.e. 35/5 or 40/5 etc. The rating is stamped on the capacitor
    summertime1001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Bryant ac tripping breaker. Outside unit fan runs fine, cools house, then after a bit, breaker trips. Any ideas?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2013, 08:09 PM
    Summertime1001: Sounds like you have a compressor going bad. Something is causing the system to draw high amperage & the compressor is the most likely suspect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of capacitor [ 5 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Use of a capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a completely discharged (when I got it there was a paper clip between the posts) 120v capacitor. It is the same (physical) size as the capacitor my brother is currently using between his battery and amplifier in his car. I would like to know if I can charge this capacitor off my car battery...

Why capacitor ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is role of capacitor in sealing fan?

Ac capacitor [ 6 Answers ]

Ac condenser fan not blowing where's the capacitor located?

Ceiling Fan - Motor Start Capacitor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan whose motor fails to self-start. The fan has three speeds. All three speeds work fine if I hand spin the blades, starting at low speed of course. The fan has a remote unit. Once I hand start the fan the remote allows me to change speeds up and down and turn off the...

View more questions Search