Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vineutz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 06:16 PM
    taking child out of state
    my x wife is trying to take my son out of state, we are divorce and we have joint legaly custody
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Is she moving out of state ? Or is she merely going out of state on vacation.

If she is going on vacation, tell her you will see them when they get back and wave bye. If she is moving you will want to file a motion in court to stop her move or have her provide for your visitation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2007, 07:10 PM
    If you have Joint custody and a court ordered visitation schedule she cannot change that schedule without the permission of the court. File a restraining order in Family court to block her moving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex taking kids out of state on vacation [ 4 Answers ]

My Ex Husband and I got divorced last year , but there was never a parenting plan established. I am custodial parent though. My ex has been recently causing more problems, and being manipulative with his kids telling them that they are going to get to talk with someone and choose whom they live...

Wife taking the child out of state [ 3 Answers ]

In Texas, what is the penalty if the wife moves out of state with the children with out telling the husband?

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

Spouse taking kids out of state [ 2 Answers ]

My brother's wife just recently left him. She plans on taking the kids out of state with another man this weekend and he doesn't want her to. He went to the police and they told him that they could not tell him what to do, but that they recommended him to check the internet or an attorney. He...

Taking a child out of state [ 7 Answers ]

I, a single mother, left IL. With my 3 year old daughter, that I have sole custody of. We are living with her grand parents. Now her father (we have never been married) tells me that he is going to take me to court and demand that I bring her back. He only pays $50.00 per week and that is very...

View more questions Search