Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Do emo girls like emo guys?
    I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 04:40 PM
    What is emo (emotional?)

Aug 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Emo (slang) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Scene and Emo Girls

Yeah, emo is short for emotional
    ToXicEscaqe Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceasefire
    don't look all that emo, but I am.
    Emo is a style
    You can't be it, if you don't dress it
    Personally I think its all extremely stupid
    And you shouldn't want to date someone who slits there wrists because its "cool"
    They all need to grow up, and so do you
    Date the person not the clothes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 18, 2007, 06:52 PM
    But yes people with the same interest, hobbies, and activities normally hang out and/or go out together. If you get to know them and they realise you have the same interest that is all that is normally needed.
    Stare At The Sun Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ToXicEscaqe
    emo is a style
    you can't be it, if you dont dress it
    personally i think its all extremely stupid
    and you shouldnt want to date someone who slits there wrists bc its "cool"
    they all need to grow up, and so do you
    date the person not the clothes

Emo is more about the music scene. Not all emos cut themselves, that's just a stereotype. If a girl only wants to go out with you for the way you look or dress what's the point in even going out with them?

Aug 19, 2007, 03:34 PM
    I'm about the music scene
    Does that make me emo?
    no.
    Emo is a style
    Nothing more nothing less.
    And its fading fast.

Aug 19, 2007, 04:09 PM
    I guess I should clear things up by saying the style is "Scene", the behavior is "Emo". Emo's are openly emotional, and typically deal with some form of depression. The music is a form of expression, the clothes are also a form of expression, but the clothes are distinctly part of "Scene."

From my own knowledge. Emo WAS a music genre, and may still be in some cases. In today's world, it has taken on a new meaning that encompasses: emotional, depressed, shy, reserved, self-mutilation, hardcore music, indie music, scene-style clothing, dark hair and makeup. All are stereotypes based on the media, cultural views, and opinions. Meaning that all or none of them are true to emo's in certain respects. To label an emo with any of these without first knowing the truth, is to stereotype them.

Aug 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Scene
    Emo
    Xcore
    All the same
    All a stereotype

I was diagnosed with depression, I can be shy and reserved at times, I dye my hair dark red and wear dark colored makeup. So does that mean I'm "emo"? no. do people look at me and think I'm part of that scene? Nope

People classify these "emos" because of what they wear and how their hair covers half their face.
    This is all a fashion sense and that is all it will ever be.
    If anyone thinks there's actual depth to it, then I guess they'd be "emo"

Just by calling them self an "emo" their just stereotypeing themselves, like they don't want us to do to them.
    So they can be apart from all the rest, they want to stand out and express themselves.
    But in all actuality their blending in... blending into this conformist society.

And everyone outside of this society, you know the ones with good music taste, who know what rock really is and who are their own person, look in and shake their heads and pray it will fade faster then it already is.
    TrixieBelle Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2007, 12:46 AM
    None of that matters.
    What matters is the fact that it is extremely disgraceful and disgusting to pretend to be someone you're not to make others happy.
    If some emo chick in too vain to not go out with you because you're not some lame stereotype, screw her.
    I mean, technically IM EMO, except for the cutting and the dressing emo.
    I mean, emo is emotional right?
    Im more emo than most of the "emo kids" at my school, I just keep MY in MY head.
    Find a girl that's NOT a conceited poser.
    =]]
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Aug 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?
    You shouldn't have to change your personality to get girls to like you. Emo can mean one of two things, think of daria... completely and utterly cynical-sarcastic and saying really weird deep things that people automatically go, "god thats so emo!" or being in touch with your emotions, because you know girls do like that, well most of them.
    Just be yourself.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
    I've never heard of emo before now.
    x0x_gothicgal_x0x Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Look 1 of my friend is emo & doesn't dress like 1 & no emo gals don't allways like emo guys & if you like her tell her she should like no matter what
    randyrhoadsfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Well I'll defanatly let you on a little secret. I'm a metal-head and my best friend is emo were both starting a band up. And yes you have a better shot at scoring with an Emo chick if your in the same category she's in then you are if your not. If your not into music and don't look like you are she's most likely not going to want to do anything with you. But sometimes they say "oppisites" attract, so you never know all you can do is give it a shot and find out buddy.
    anonymous122809 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 12:34 AM
    I really don't understand why people address themselves as stereotypes.
    If someone likes you, then they should like you for who you are, as a person, not what you wear, what clique you're in or what you look like.
    Simple really, if you like someone, put yourself out there & be yourself. Don't try & impress someone by being something you're not.
    It's happened before, & I guarantee it will happen again, but if you want to find someone to love, that will in turn, love you, than find someone who will see the real you, not what's on the outside.
    Good luck!
    Wicked_Love Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 09:52 AM
    look everyone has there opinions about emo just like everything else but thats all it is an opinion so my personal opinion is this I am emo you do not have to like it i really couldnt care less if you didnt so to answer the original question no you do not have to dress emo to be emo there are no rules to being emo if a girl doesnt like you because of the way you dress she is shallow to me it all comes down to whether the guy and i are compatable and if you have a good personality
    crazylady1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2007, 10:50 AM
    You know what you like they know what they like
    Let them follow they're heart and you follow
    Yours
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Don't change your style for someone. I've done it before, and it didn't take me long to realize how ridiculous and stupid it was. I felt completely retarded. Find someone who is going to like you no matter what clothes you wear.
    If you do change yourself, you will only get sucked into a world where the clothes you wear makes up who you are. Which, obviously, is stupid.
    Pretending to be "cool" by acting/dressing emo is depriving you of your own personality.
    That's how I feel about it anyway.
    XxPunisherxX Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 01:52 PM
    He's write though emo girls are hot you don't nesscerly need to be emo just be into the scene like I don't dress emo at all but my girlfriend dresses that way I meet her at a show I like the scene just not the style
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Wicked_love, anonymous,randyrhoadsfan and a few others... I agree with most of what you said.

I remember petticoats, hippies, gothic, punk and pink, people who wear no synthetic fabrics whatever, too much make-up, no make-up at all.

They are all fads that aid individuals in attempts to identify and reveal their 'emotions' resulting in fans, and followers. Just like people who try to identify with famous people until they are self-confident enough and find someone to emotionally grow with.

If you can imagine growing with someone and later remembering what you did to get noticed such as piercing, tatoos, and more - and can still imagine yourself growing old with the person, there is no reason at all why you should not make yourself open for adventure and getting to know what's inside.

The only ones I would suggest avoiding in today's society are most who shave their heads, wear camouflage, boots with metal tips - and yes I'm stereotyping now, but IMO those type of people are dangerous, no matter in what country they live.

Communication, common interests and 'emotional' compatibility are what count. Enjoy life as best as you can, it's too short as it is. Have fun and good luck.

It's easy for someone to say "change yourself only for yourself", but it takes some a while to develop their true identity without experimenting. That's why these 'fads' are still happening.

If the ride together is fun, go for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Emo color [ 9 Answers ]

I need help with coloring my daughter's hair. She loves the "emo" look and she wants her hair (which is dyed a level 3.5) to have blonde streaks on the top across the bangs so that it looks like it's fanned out. She also wants other random thick streaks. Now, I'm showing my age, but... HUH? Any...

Emo clothing? [ 12 Answers ]

Ummm hi :D Is emo clothing so over??

Emo dangerous? [ 32 Answers ]

I know a 13 year old who claims emo, she writes terrible stories about murder, blood, rape and more, she says she cuts herself, but I am hundreds of miles away and only have recently met her through my husband, (its his sister) he thinks she disturbed, and tries to talk to her to get to know her...

What is EMO? [ 18 Answers ]

I have heard a lot of people talk aboute some style called "emo" at school. Afraid of sounding like a complete moron, I ask all you people at ask me helpdesk: What is the defenition of emo? :confused:

View more questions Search