Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dacey818 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Air conditioning blower
    Thank you for your last answer. You mentioned that the blower could be responsible for the scratch-like sounds coming from the duct. What do you recommend? I have a homeowners policy that covers air-conditioning but I didn't know if this was something I could fix myself. Thanks
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Aug 19, 2007, 06:48 AM
    You should probably take a look inside the registers if you can, and check the screws and connections on the outside. Could be a rattling part.

Also, next time, post a reply to this thread (reply or 'answer this question') instead of making a new thread.
    dacey818 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Hello... it appears that some plastic coating inside the duct is loose and is flapping when the air hits it. I am tempted to patch it up or mess with it but I don't think I should! Does that sound like a big problem or?? Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Conditioning blower working, not cooling [ 6 Answers ]

My a/c fan is working, however, it is not cooling. Do I need to call a technician?

Blower? Coming on without Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a central air conditioning unit in my home. For about a month now something keeps coming on during hot afternoons that sounds like the blower. The air conditioner is not on (I have checked outside) and the thermostat is not on. But around 1pm-5pm on hot days something is coming on...

Air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

L moved to my new home last winter,and this summer tried to run the A/C the outside unit is not running at all .Look like when l was moving in someone pulled out some wires which run from the outside unit l think to the 24v trans or the thamostart . There is two small wires how do l hook them up?

Air Conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello any Air Conditioning Experts: We are trying to figure out the best way to cool off our upstairs bedroom (and only bathroom) area of the house using one or two window a/c unit. We have a medium sized colonial style home. The area upstairs and down is approximately the same, 27’ x 25. ...

Air conditioning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 4-wire Ritetemp thermostat, my wires are connected right but my unit on the outside will not come on. The blower comes on inside the house, but nothing outside. I not have a pump. And there are no fuses to my unit outside. What do I do?

View more questions Search