Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mosesjyounassoghlou Posts: 10, Reputation: 5

Aug 17, 2007, 08:49 AM
    5 acres to cut don't know where to start?
    I have just under five acres to cut on a weekly basis, right now I am using a 46" huskee 23hp rider. I have been putting a lot of money into replacement parts(i.e. blades belts spindles) the engine runs fine and is well kept but I am having a hard time mowing the grass at times. It takes me just under 8 hours to do it all at one time, so I have tried to brake it down into daily cuts but it just seems to me that I am spending more time on the lawn mower than I am with my family. Please can some one suggest a good larger mower that one can afford, I need a lawn mower not a saturn. (thats a little joke for the salesmen who all tell you that this is the mower you need for almost $10,000) thank you
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Make a tow bar and attach 2 ---20" or 22" push mower this will add 40 or 44 inches to your cut each pass. Easy to do and a lot less cost.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
    There are numerous zero turn units available, and no, you do not need to spend 10k. You can get a decent one for 5k and less.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Yes, I have a little over a acre yard and use a service. They have a zero turn unit and get my acre mowed in about 30 to 40 min not counting the weed eating
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Why mow? Who needs 5 acres of grass? Plant it to trees. The authorities may still require you to keep it mowed until the trees are bigger.
    Michelle29 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Rent a herd of goats. They'll keep it clean and tidy.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Michelle29, you forgot to add that the goats could fertilize the lawn also at the same time. Rabbits do two things well, breed and mess, goats do two things well, eat and mess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord Cut out and won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I recently purchased a 92 Accord and have been driving it for a month now. It was running perfectly until they other day. I started it cold then drove down my street and it just died without warning and now it won't start. The engine cranks... I know it's electrical because I get no...

Convert m2 to acres [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know if I'm in the right spot but Can anyone tell me how many m2 makes 1 acre?

99 EX Honda cut off and won't start after refilling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a little update and additional question for my earlier question around the 99 EX Honda. This is old news now. New news is on the bottom • I live about 92 miles from work. • I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX, V6 Coup. I bought it new. • I put in about 255,000 miles already (I was...

View more questions Search