Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jay4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 06:41 PM
    Disappearing toilet water
    Hello,

My name is Jay, and I have a 2004 home. About 6 months ago we started noticing the toilet bowl water in the master bathroom gradually vanishes after the rinse cycle on both washer and dishwasher... which my builder told me is off the same vent.

It is a slab home, and the plumber does not seem to be able to fix it. I can not hire another plumber because my home is still under warranty extension.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Jay and Leslie
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 23, 2005, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jay4
    Hello,

My name is Jay, and I have a 2004 home. about 6 months ago we started noticing the toilet bowl water in the master bathroom gradually vanishes after the rinse cycle on both washer and dishwasher...which my builder told me is off the same vent.

It is a slab home, and the plumber does not seem to be able to fix it. I can not hire another plumber because my home is still under warranty extension.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Jay and Leslie

Good morning Jay,

I live in Flordia where all our houses are slab homes. The master bath toilet should have been vented by the master bath lavatory. Ask your builder to get you a set of the working plans showing the rough in lay out from the plumbing contractor that installed the work. There is only two ways you can lose water out of a toilet bowl. (1) the bowl has a hidden crack or (2) inadequate venting that puts a vacume on the water in the bowl when a heavy discharge, such as washers produce, rushes past. My bet's on door #2. This could be a rough in design flaw. If so, the solution would to add a separate vent for the toilet. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water rushes up when the toilet is flushed into another toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 storey layout house. The guest restroom on the ground floor is exactly below the Jack and Jill Washroom of the top floor. It looks in both the restrooms the toilets share the pipe line The problem is when someone goes to restroom on the ground floor , the top floor toilet gets...

Disappearing Toilet Bowl Water [ 2 Answers ]

Reciently one of our second floor toilets has begun losing water from the bowl. When it is flushed, it fills to the proper level and shortly after refilling the tank, all is silent. There is no apparent leakage and the water level may stay up for quite some time. However, it seems that after the...

Disappearing Word [ 6 Answers ]

About two months ago I discovered that Word was somehow completely deleted from my son's computer. I called the computer tech I've used for years, he was puzzled and we both assumed that my 15 year old son screwed something up, so I had him re-install Microsoft Office. That was in mid July. ...

Low water level in toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new toilet upstairs, and the water level in the basin is constantly too low. When the toilet is flushed, the water disappears very quickly, and then goes back slowly to its original level. The other toilet I've installed in the room next door works fine. Both soil pipes...

View more questions Search