Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendell08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Could I still be pregnant
    I am 10 days late I have taken 3 pregnancy test which came back negative could I still be pregnant ? What should I do?
    xx pretty girl xx Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Aug 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
    No if you took three test and they came back negative I don't think your pregnant its probably late for some other reason I'm late all the time but I'm not pregnant
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 11:21 AM
    If you have had sex in the last month, then yes, it is possible. You may not have enough of the pregnancy hormon hcg built up yet to trigger a test. False negatives are extremely common in the early weeks. Some women can go an entire pregnancy and never register on a test. I suggest if your period has not come in another week, to go to your doctor and ask for a blood test. Good luck.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 16, 2007, 01:45 PM
    May I add to what alkaline said if you don't start within a week take another HPT using first morning urine this way it gives the HCG hormone to build up in your system.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xx pretty girl xx
    no if u took three test and they came back negative i dont think ur pregnant its probally late for some other reason im late all the time but im not pregnant
    This is wrong information, please do not pay attention to this. There are many reasons for false negatives. In all actuality many women never get a positive with a HPT and need a blood test. I was one of these women with one of my children.

There are far more false negatives than there are false positives.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Aug 17, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Also do not drink a lot of water (or any drink) right before testing. The hormone will not have time to build up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can you be pregnant and not know? [ 31 Answers ]

My last full period was in January and it lasted on 3 days. February. & March had just spotted light pink. I can't fit into my clothes at all, my stomach is hugh. I took the EPT and it came back negative. There is something in my stomach moving. Everyone says its gas, but gas moves slowly and...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I can't get pregnant [ 32 Answers ]

Ive been trying for four months now to get pregnant and each month it never happen's. Im 20 and my partner is 22. Im just worried in case there is something wrong with me and if I can ever get pregnant.

How soon can we get pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I was on the shot for only 3 months and I recently got off it. My husband and I are wondering how long it takes for the affects of the shot to ware off?

View more questions Search