Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cueball7789 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Probation violation
    I was aressted for marijuana and paraphonalia in TN. I failed my first drug screen after being on probation for 2 months. How much jail time would I be looking at for this. I talked to a lawyer and he told me 48 hours but my probation officer said that even if I stay clean and do everything right that I could still be looking at 30 days. How much time am I looking at and how can I get out of most of it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 16, 2007, 10:55 AM
    All up to the judge, in reality, you could actually get sent back to serve your entire sentence, but that does not happen often if ever on the first minor violation. Most likely he is trying to scare you and my not even violate your probation.

If he violates your probation you will be picked up and held in jail till a hearing, that can be 2 to 5 days just for that. Then the judge may hold you longer or not. Each judge, each PO is difference
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cueball7789
    I was aressted for marijuana and paraphonalia in TN. I failed my first drug screen after being on probation for 2 months. How much jail time would I be looking at for this. I talked to a lawyer and he told me 48 hours but my probation officer said that even if I stay clean and do everything right that I could still be looking at 30 days. how much time am i looking at and how can i get out of most of it?
    You can get out of jail time by getting clean and following your T&C's of probation. If the court revokes your probation then the court can sentence you to the jail (detention) time set out in your Probation sentencing report. Also like Fr_Chuck said it is up to your P.O. and judge... why don't you just try to stay clean and complete probation... I mean come on 2 months after starting your probation, you sure are off on the wrong foot!
    xx pretty girl xx Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Aug 16, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I was aressted for marijuana and paraphonalia in TN. I failed my first drug screen after being on probation for 2 months. How much jail time would I be looking at for this. I talked to a lawyer and he told me 48 hours but my probation officer said that even if I stay clean and do everything right that I could still be looking at 30 days. how much time am i looking at and how can i get out of most of it?
    Well I personally think they should give u treatment instead of jail time but like the others said it depends on the judge and the jury but if u have a good lawyer u shouldn't be too worried

Aug 16, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Is there anything I can do on my own to get out of any jail time?

Aug 16, 2007, 12:55 PM
    is there anything i can do on my own to get out of any jail time?

Maybe not... is that all you care about? You made a decision to use drugs and there are consequences to every decision... What are you willing to do in the alternative?

Aug 16, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Im willing to pay more money do community service whatever it takes I actually just got a good job recently and I can not get that much time off.

Aug 16, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Im willing to pay more money do community service whatever it takes i actually just got a good job recently and i can not get that much time off.
    Being a PO myself.. you have to sell the fact that you are wanting to make a change. You have a job and are dedicated to that... are you willing to drug classes or recovery program? You will have to prove this to your PO and then the judge, so when you get in court and the judge asks if you have something to say, it would be advisable to say something thought out and meaningful

Aug 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
    How do I get into those kind of classes?

Aug 16, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Your PO should be able to point you somewhere approved and recognized by the court. Your PO has to see your effort.

Aug 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Ok thanks for the help.

Aug 16, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Ok thanks for the help.

Take care and stay clean.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

This is my third time violating I have no communtity service to do maily its just the money they want I owe roughly four-thousand dollars which I have but I wondering if I pay them what I owe get a lawyer will I be able to stay out of jail

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine is on probation in the state of New Jersey. He is supposed to be off in 3 months, and last night was pulled over in the state of New york and given a ticket for possession of marijuana. NY law is that it is decriminalized and he just got a ticket, however... is this a violation of...

Probation Violation. [ 1 Answers ]

I am in Florida. I was on 7 years probation for a crime in 2000. During that time I violated my probation. My original crime was in two different counties and they applied them together, "concurrent". When I violated I was sentenced to 13 months prison with all terms and conditions terminated. Upon...

Probation violation? [ 3 Answers ]

Is talking on the phone to another probationer a violation?

Probation violation? [ 3 Answers ]

Im in Florida, I'm on my 8th M. of a 1yr probation.I missed 2 appts. Last year. The 2nd time I was told I'd be violated if I missed 1 more. The officer seemed fair. Last week I missed an appt. they told me to come in on the 31st. My wife and I are concerned. I need to know if there's a list I can...

View more questions Search