Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Sep 11, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Unfortunately, fallen2grace, the only reasons not to be queer friendly are hatred and/or stupidity. So which is it? Do you hate us because we somehow threaten your "perfect" christian world or are you too stupid to see the facts? Homosexuality is normal and natural, and it's not harmful. Sure, I could choose to live my life as myself or I could live a life of misery running away from the truth. I choose to live the truth.

A note to goldilox: don't pretend you respect my opinions. I know that my thoughts about religion are unpopular in a world of political correctness, but at least I have the cajones to voice what I know is right (and, by the way, my thoughts are based on actual evidence, not a collection of books organized by anti-Roman revolutionaries to discredit the Roman Empire). I'm very open-minded to all sorts of ideas, as long as there is some logical basis for them, and I don't see any religion to have a very rational world view. I'm not saying that religion should be outlawed or anything like that, there is a lot of good that comes from religious organizations (Catholic Charities, for example) but you must see the difference between religious thought and scientific fact.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Sep 12, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stonewilder
    There was a time when with out thinking I would have said being gay is a choice, but I know better now. My son dated a lot of girls but he was a unhappy person. From the time he was about 13 it was like he went from a happy kid to a troubled, confused and sad teen. It wasn't until he was 16 that I realized what was making his life so miserable. He was gay and struggling with the thought of losing everyone he loved because of it. When I finally realized, dealt with and got the nerve, I asked him point blank if he was gay. He became a much happier person when he found that his friends and I think more so I, accepted and loved him anyway. He helped me realize how stupid I was to even think it is by choice. Saying he was gay could have made him lose his friends and be tormented from other kids at his school. I could have turned my back on him and kicked him out. We live in the south and although there are a lot of younger people who are opened minded enough to accept it, there are still [B]many[/B who would rather try beating the gay out of him. Why would anyone choose to deal with all that? Answer is...no one would. As for me I would much rather see my child happy and gay than the miserable “straight” person he tried to be and who wanted to kill himself because he was gay. Being gay is by no means a choice and frankly it pisses me off to hear people say it is a choice. Even worse is when you try to make them understand the reasons a person would not chose to be gay and they still insist that it is a choice. A guy at work said if his son told him he was gay he would disown him. I told him, “You don’t really love your son then do you.” His reply was, “yes but…. “ I stopped him there and said,” Love has no buts…you either love him or you don’t. I firmly believe that!
    Parent will always love their children. Loving our childrren does not mean we need to approve of everything they choose to do.
    goldilox Posts: 46, Reputation: -2

Sep 12, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by americangayboy
    Unfortunately, fallen2grace, the only reasons not to be queer friendly are hatred and/or stupidity. So which is it? Do you hate us because we somehow threaten your "perfect" christian world or are you too stupid to see the facts? Homosexuality is normal and natural, and it's not harmful. Sure, I could choose to live my life as myself or I could live a life of misery running away from the truth. I choose to live the truth.

A note to goldilox: don't pretend you respect my opinions. I know that my thoughts about religion are unpopular in a world of political correctness, but at least I have the cajones to voice what I know is right (and, by the way, my thoughts are based on actual evidence, not a collection of books organized by anti-Roman revolutionaries to discredit the Roman Empire). I'm very open-minded to all sorts of ideas, as long as there is some logical basis for them, and I don't see any religion to have a very rational world view. I'm not saying that religion should be outlawed or anything like that, there is a lot of good that comes from religious organizations (Catholic Charities, for example) but you must see the difference between religious thought and scientific fact.

being gay is harmful where your health is concerned... evidence have shown that there is a very high prevalence of Aids in the gay & bi sexual community... and I believe it is abnormal... it is pointless arguing with you where 'the bible or God or christianity' is concerned as it obviously seems like you do you believe but according to the fact that homosexuality is a sin... why would God our creator who is against sin create an individual in that form? And then condemn those persons after? Can u explain this?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 12, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Being straight can be harmful too if you get some girl or guy who has a lot of sex. Studies are stupid, studies showed that the earth was flat and those were wrong. Everyone is at danger no matter what you are.

Sep 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Well, I can't really understand what you're asking.

Homosexuality is not abnormal nor harmful. Did you know that black women have the highest likelihood of being infected with HIV? I guess being a black woman is far more harmful to your health than being a gay man. Also, lesbians have almost no chance of contracting HIV. So they must be the most normal people on the planet.

Unfortunately for you, we're in a situation where an opinion can be wrong. Because you don't have credible evidence to back your claims, and I do, your opinion is wrong.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Well, I can't really understand what you're asking.

Homosexuality is not abnormal nor harmful. Did you know that black women have the highest likelihood of being infected with HIV? I guess being a black woman is far more harmful to your health than being a gay man. Also, lesbians have almost no chance of contracting HIV. So they must be the most normal people on the planet.

Unfortunately for you, we're in a situation where an opinion can be wrong. Because you don't have credible evidence to back your claims, and I do, your opinion is wrong
    Opinions cannot be wrong. Answers can be. That's why They are called Opinions.

Aparently, You can't get it through your brain that I don't hate gay people. And since your set on it I'm not going to do anything about that. Why I don't support them? Why would I tell you? You already know. And How can you call me stupid if you don't even know me? Homosexuality is not by any means normal and that is my opinion. Anyhow you will just tell my my opinion is wrong.

Sep 12, 2007, 04:35 PM
    You're right, I will tell you that you are wrong. Opinions can be wrong. Also, I didn't call you stupid, I asked if you were stupid. Normalcy is hard to define, and psychologically speaking, for something to be considered abnormal it must be harmful physically, psychologically or cause the subject a large amount of unwanted stress. Homosexuality is not physically or psychologically harmful, nor does it cause unwanted stress. Therefore your opinion is wrong. (If you just mean that homosexuality is less common than heterosexuality, I'll agree, but I'd bet money that that's not what you meant... it's certainly not how it came across).

Your "opinion" that homosexuality is a choice is laughable. There is overwhelming evidence stating that sexual orientation is not a choice AND that (in men) it is very stable. Your essentially saying that the scientic method, in this case, is wrong, without providing any evidence to back it up.

Sep 12, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I have evidence. The bible. And at this I will stop. Because I know you will never take the time and actally read it. So farewell.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Sep 12, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    Parent will always love their children. Loving our childrren does not mean we need to approve of everything they choose to do.
    Did I say you have to approve of everything they do? No I think I said"disown", that is not the same as disapproving. And no all parents do not love their kids because if they did they wouldn't turn their backs on their own flesh and blood because they don't want to deal with who their children are.

Sep 12, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Comment on stonewilder's post
    I agree.

Sep 12, 2007, 05:17 PM
    The bottom line here is God would never create a person this way if he was against homosexuality... that in itself defeats the whole purpose... for those of you who do not believe in God, you may beg to differ but as far as I am concerned no matter where scientific evidence or your experiences etc are concerned, the bottom line is it is Not of God, so how can it be a natural thing... natural things come from God... and he would never create a human being in such form.if it was natural and normal and right, why do the churches preach against it?why is it referred to as sinful and immoral?I'm sure just as anything else that is wrong, your instincts tell you that it is... but of course some of us refuse to hear it just to accommodate ourselves... my facts cannot be more right... you can find it in the bible... but unfortunately for those who do not believe... it may mean nothing to you... another valid point I want to make... what is sex? Gay guys and lesbos talk about having sex... sex is the penetration of the penis into a woman's vagina;according to the oxford dictionary... Because intellectual integrity is essential in any meaningful dynamic interaction, let us consider the person, claims and message of Jesus Christ:
    "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.. " John 14:6

It is stated of Him in John 1:1-3; 10; 14: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

Jesus, Whom we worship, who is identified as the "living Logos", the very Word of God, literally believed the story of Adam and Eve, which He affirmed when He quoted it as true in Matthew 19:4-5:

"And He answered and said, "Have you not read, that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female," and said, for this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh'?"

Whenever God describes the creation of Mankind, He includes both male and female, and the creation of woman is unique, for she was created as a completion of man. Unlike the man and the animals, woman was created directly from man's bodily form, rather than from the dust of the earth. The completion of God's image therefore required both. Neither man nor woman can, within themselves, reflect the image of God without the other.

Genesis 1:26-28: "And God said, Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in His [Own] image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Then the man said, 'This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called Woman, for out of Man this one was taken.'

Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh.'"

Genesis 5:1-2: "This [is] the book of the generations of Adam {Mankind}. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made He him; Male and female created He them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam {Mankind}, in the day when they were created. Genesis 5:1-2:

It is obvious that two men together or two women together do not reflect the image of the triune God, but only within the unity of man and woman together is the reflection of God visible.

Homosexuality Is Without Scientific Basis And Is Rooted In Ancient Pagan Religion's Rebellion Against Our Creator God.
    In the first chapter of Romans, God explains that the existence of homosexuality within societies, families, and individuals, is a natural result of rebellion against Him and His created order. Homosexuality is a deviation from God's design for mankind, and is therefore not a sign of natural created order, but is rooted, through Satan's inspiration and tempting, in the fallen nature and evil imagination of man. All those who have literally rejected the revelation of God, which exists: 1) not only within His written Holy Word, 2) but also, within the conscience inside all men, and 3) visibly, through the observation of nature - His creation, and have instead, chosen idolatry, through the worship of God's creation - whether, the object of worship is the earth, i.e. nature - via goddess worship, or to worship material things created by man, or the self-deification of man himself (Humanism), all or any of these rather than worshipping our Creator, is to be guilty of "rebellion against God's known will" - which is the definition of sin.Because God has revealed that Rebellion against Him is the root cause of Homosexuality and is the natural spiritual result of man's striving for "independence" from God, his Creator, we know that Homosexuality is not a condition that any human being is born into, nor is it primarily a physical condition. It is a spiritual condition. In the final analysis, it is a choice, or a series of choices and decisions that each individual has made. It is impossible to understand anything about homosexuality without first understanding this...

Again, some may disagree because it is obvious there is a lack of belief and knowledge of the bible... you may be educated with the teachings and the scientific evidence and human wisdom etc, but true wisdom is not present... because it only comes from God.

Sep 12, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fallen2grace
    I have evidence. The bible. And at this i will stop. Because i know you will never take the time and actally read it. So farewell.

I agree... it is sad and as much as some may not like it... but I pity those who think otherwise.. its obviously pointless arguing this with some non-believers.. and it is also obvious they reject it because it does not accommodate them...

Sep 12, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Comment on keep_fallin's post
    I agree!

Sep 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by goldilox
    I agree...it is sad and as much as some may not like it...but i pity those who think otherwise..its obviously pointless arguing this with some non-believers..and it is also obvious they reject it because it duz not accomodate them....

Well Put. :]

Sep 12, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Xrayman... you could disagree with all I have to say and I expect that because you are trying to accommodate yourself and of course the bible didn't help... so you would by all means find everything to support your actions... but at the end of the day I guess we all have our own beliefs and faith... so good luck to you... in my next life if I had to do this again I would still not end up like you because I believe that there is a God and I have faith in him, therefore from reading his word I would find wisdom and understanding and strength to overcome the evil that is around... I am a TRUE believer in Jesus Christ and God our father.the only way I could end up like you is if I did not know God and believed in him..

Sep 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Stoneweilder: - God condemn's sin... maybe I said it wrong... but homosexuality is sinful and if u disagree then its up to u... you probably wouldn't understand so as to reason with me, so it is pointless...
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Once again, this is not a religious posting... so you bible pushers should take a step back.

Bottomline the answers to the post should be based on fact. Scientific evidence have PROVEN that there is some underlying genetic cause (possibly with linkage to enivornmental experience as well) to homosexuality... those are FACTS.

Your BELIEFS are not facts. The facts in your case are... yes a bible does exist, yes there was a man named Jesus, as far as the rest, it is all hersay. There are no proven FACTS about this Jesus guy and what he did in life. The facts are that he was a man who preached. That's it. Period. The rest of your argument is based on BELIEFS.

The FACTS on this matter speak for themselves.

Sep 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Comment on macksmom's post
    At the end of the day whatever the causes are whether it be by environmental conditions etc but the fact here is that it is not natural.this is the point.. it is not natural.

Sep 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Comment on macksmom's post
    I disagree.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...tml#post565701

Attention all Bible Thumpers. Not everyone is interested or accepts you and your Gods version of the world. If you care to address the original OP not once did he mention the word religion, god, sin, jesus or whatever else it is you fanatics love to preach.

This isn't the religion board. It is a teenager asking in the teens section. He doesn't appear to have any care about god or religion. Like many of us that you 'fanatics' refuse to accept. Take your preaching to the religion board. I will accept it there. That's the place for it!!

Address the OP!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I make the right choice? [ 5 Answers ]

So yesterday at 4 my girlfriend called me. She said "i'm sorry" I said for what? She said you'll find out in a few hours... so I make her tell me what she's sorry for. And she makes me promise not to try and do anyhting about it to just let it happen. So she tells me she's in her garage with the...

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

H1 under first year choice [ 3 Answers ]

Hi AtlantaTaxExpert, My husband and I came to the US in Dec.2002 as F1 and F2. My husband got his H1B visa Oct 1.2006 and I am H4 visa holder. We had a baby last year and he is a US citizen. I still have not ITIN number. My question is: 1.Can we wait till early June to file jointly...

First year choice or not [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My status in 2006 is this: F1 to June, then OPT to 11/26/2006, then H1B My wife held B1/B2 Visa in 2006, she stayed here from 8/1/2006 to 12/31/2006, this January, she changed the Visa to H4 In 2006, my tuition was about 16000 If I file as non-resident, I can not claim my tuition...

Multiple choice [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this question? Which of the following would be classified in a different major section of a balance sheet from the others? a. Capital stock. b. Common stock subscribed. c. Stock dividend distributable. d. Stock investment in affiliate.

View more questions Search