Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micahstel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 05:37 AM
    Falling Pregnant
    Me and my partner are thinking abuot having a baby. If we have sexual intercourse on the day I ovulate, wuold I definitely fall pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2007, 05:41 AM
    No, first you have to be sure that both of you are physcially able to have a baby. Second even if you have sex several times on the correct day, it can take months and even years for it to happen. But then it also can happen the first time
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Fr_Chuck is absolutely correct. Having sex during the time you ovulate does not guarantee pregnancy. As he said, it could take some time to get pregnant.

Your fertile period starts 4-5 days before ovulation, and you remain fertile 24-48 hours after ovulation. During this ovulation period, it is best to have sex every other day to ensure the body does not get tired or stressed. It will be difficult to conceive if your body is overly tired from having sex. :)
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Have sex the week of ovulation. Have fun. Don't look at it like work (sex now at six and not till Wednesday at 4) Just have fun and if all else fails... You can try again next month!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:58 AM
    I agree with everyone's posts... it's different for everyone. Some couples get pregnant the first time they try, some it can take years. My husband and I have been trying, we are both reproductively fine, and track my ovulation and temps, and still haven't conceived. It's best if you both visit your doctor, get a check up, start taking prenatal vitamins, and just relax and have fun with it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm FALLING for him again [ 3 Answers ]

I told myself that I would never fall for him, but know I'm falling for him. I told myself I a would'nt after how he hurt me is this a bad thing?

I'm falling for him [ 2 Answers ]

Im kind off dating a married man.. he also my school admission rep.. What should I do?

Everything is falling apart... [ 32 Answers ]

Okay... so I don't know exactly where this question belongs so I am putting it here. Please bear in mind that I need any and all points of view here. My husband told me today about an idea he had about earning money. He said that if he goes to work for a company in another province, he could...

Could he be falling? [ 28 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months. We met online Jan 2nd. We started talking for a few days first online and then on the phone which were 2 hour conversations. We then decided to meet and have been dating every since…. Exclusively. In fact, he was seeing another girl when we met,...

Falling pregnant a day after period [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant if you had sex a day after your period finished?

View more questions Search