Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kurt pandya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Liquid drain leak sealers
    Hello, is there a liquid I could pour in the shower drain that would seal a hairline crack somewhere in the plumbing, prpbably near the goose neck or at the top of the hump of the neck, kind regards kurt.. e-mail is [email protected] (from canada)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 15, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt pandya
    hello, is there a liquid i could pour in the shower drain that would seal a hairline crack somewhere in the plumbing, prpbably near the goose neck or at the top of the hump of the neck, kind regards kurt..e-mail is [email protected] (from canada)
    To seal a crack from the inside you would have to pour a sealant down that would harden up inside the pipes. I know of no product that would do that without building up on the pipe walls. You go at leaks from the outside and not the other way around. Having said that,auto radiator "Stop Leak" comes to mind. While it's not recommended for plumbing leaks it may be worth a try. If noit then take out a square of ceiling and locate the leak it may be as simple as wrapping some pipe repair tape around the joint. Let me know how you make out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

We have a shower stall in one bathroom and a tub in the other bathroom upstairs. They Butt up against each other. We hear a dripping sound every 10 seconds for about one minute when using either area. Also, from the sinks. We see no water spots. Is this a leak or just pipe noise. This...

Air conditioning sealers [ 1 Answers ]

I know sealers are made for automotive air conditioners. I also know that some work and some do not. But I would like to know if sealers are made for a home type a/c. Thanks

Made drain leak [ 3 Answers ]

Tub drain was broken (corroded so bad the stopper broke off and pulled all the way out). Thought this should be simple to fix so I removed the old drain (with difficulty) and put in a new lift and turn drain insert. Had trouble getting the new drain screwed in with needle nose pliers so bought a...

Tub drain leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have tracked down a leak coming from my upstairs tub but I'm not sure what the proper way to repair it is. I'm a big DIYer but I know nothing about plumbing. Here's what I've found: I cut a peek hole in the ceiling below the tub and found that its leaking at the connection between the...

Shower Drain Leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 36"x42" fiberglass shower (mfg: Jacuzzi) on the second floor that is leaking from the drain. I have opened up the ceiling on the first floor for access and had a plumber take a look at it. Appaently the problem is caused by a slight movement of the drain when someone steps into the shower...

View more questions Search