Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pink6947 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Does my landlord have the right?
    I lived at my previous address for 9 months. For about 6 of those months our neighbors gave us a hard time. They would throw garbage on my porch, block my car in, and yell threats. So I decided to move out. When the landlord got to the apartment I tried to explain to him the situation and he completely brushed it off. I could not get my security deposit back because I couldn't give him a 30 day notice. Because of his lack of interest in the situation and refusal to return my deposit, I left 4 bags of garbage and an old refrigerator behi:confused: and. The old landlord then contacted my new landlord and got my new address. Last Wednesday I came home from work and found the garbage thrown on my porch and the fridge laying in my yard. Instead of thinking and taking pictures I packed up the garbage and took it back to the old apartment and threw it on the sidewalk. Now he is taking me to court for throwing the garbage and driving away. I need advice. Did he have a right to even bring the garbage to my new address? And in a sense didn't he do the same thing to me? I do have 2 witnesses that saw him bring the garbage but I don't want to lose to this jerk. Please help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 06:39 PM
    I just can't believe this, I just knew you were going to say he sued you for the removal. He brought it back and threw it on your property.
    That is when you should have called the police.

But yes, when you took it back you broke the law, you may get him charged also if you have witness, but that is little defense for you throwing it back on his property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Landlord and I [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name Is Elizabeth I Live In Brooklyn N.y. Im Trying To Get Some Answerd I Move To A Apartment On February 11, 2007 The Rent Was $1,400 Every Month My Rent Is Due On The 11th Of Each Mont This What Happen I Spocked With My Land Lord On March 2007 That My Husben Was Sick The Doctors...

My landlord is ripping me off [ 1 Answers ]

I am staying in apartments here in Charlotte,NC and when I renewed my least back in Feb 2007 they raise my rent 90.00. That amount of the rent was including cable that was told to me that is mandatory to pay for cable through the landlords. Now I have cable through the local cable company here...

Landlord rights [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a landlord has a tenant that was arrested and convicted of drug trafficking out of a home can they be evicted immediately

Landlord [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do if I have renters who will not pay their rent . No rental agreement was signed it was verbal agreement !:confused:

Am I a Landlord? [ 7 Answers ]

I invited my 25 year old daughter and her small children to come to my house and live after they were homeless in Florida in the fall of 2004. They arrived in March of 2005. Since moving in she and her small children have ruined my carpet, walls and one toilet. They are slobs and she hasn't...

View more questions Search