Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meghan123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Bump on vagina
    Hi I'm 17 years old and about 9 days ago I noticed a small bump on the inside of the outter lip of my vagina. It is about the same color as the surrounding skin, and nothing is coming out of it. When I squeeze it nothing comes out either, but it does hurt. I initially thought it was a bug bite because it seemed to itch a very little at first. It is about the size of a pea. I have looked up pictures of various different stds and it looks like none of them. But it seems to be getting more swollen with time. Please help
    hdawson1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meghan123
    hi im 17 years old and about 9 days ago i noticed a small bump on the inside of the outter lip of my vagina. it is about the same color as the surrounding skin, and nothing is coming out of it. when i squeeze it nothing comes out either, but it does hurt. i initially thought it was a bug bite because it seemed to itch a very little at first. it is about the size of a pea. i have looked up pictures of various different stds and it looks like none of them. but it seems to be getting more swollen with time. please help

First things first, quit squeezing it! It's possible that it could be a benign cyst, or an ingrown hair follicle. The more you squeeze it and mash on it, the more irritated and painful it's going to get. Contact your Md, it may be something very easily taken care of by antibiotics.
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Aug 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Hi,

You are very young and you must be really scared. I can imagine you don't want to tell your mom. If your mom knows that you are sexually active, then she will go with you to the doctor. Let me ask you, are you using a condom? That is not 100% safe, but will diminish the chances of most std's and pregnancy, but will exclude herpes and hpv transmission. The best thing for you to do right now is to abstain from having sex or sexual contact with anyone. At your age you have to concentrate in your future, which is to finish school and go to college. Stop pinching it. One very important thing is to see a doctor, but since you are a minor, your mom has to sign permission. Also, you might want to go to the school nurse, but by school regulations she will notify your parents. I highly recommend you tell an adult. Don't ever ignore anything that is not normal in your body. Always have it checked, if you don't you might regret it later. Ask me any other question, I am here to try to help. If you need advice on how and what to tell your mom, ask. Good luck. God bless you.
    hdawson1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2007, 11:41 AM
    I forgot to tell you, a lot of cities have planned parenthood. It's a great resource for birthcontrol and std info, and most don't require parents permission when you're 17. Also, cost little to no money. That's where I went when I was your age.
    addysonsmom Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

Mar 19, 2008, 05:34 PM
    Schedule an appointment with your gynocologist or family practice doc. It could be what is called a Bartholins Gland Cyst. Everyone has a Bartholin Gland on both inside lips of their vagina... they are used to lubricate. Sometimes they become clogged and form a cyst... which can become infected. Treatment is generally non-invasive. Sometimes it is treated by antibiotics, sometimes it is numbed and then drained. Either way... it is not an std, it just happens! Hope this helps!
    CuriousCathy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 04:36 PM
    I have a lump on my vagina lip also.. About the size of a pea. I have just ignored it but kept it clean and dry, although a couple of days aggo, it started bleeding, for no reason! It has a hole in the middle of it now, What should I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on vagina [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bump on my vagina. It was like a pimple, but I sqeezed it and pus came out then a little blood. It's still a bump. The bump is located were my vaginal hairs are. Should I be alarmed?

Red bump-white bump in labia minora [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated. In...

Bump on outside of vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 and 2 months pregnant with my second child I have been with the same man for 8 years and I have recently found a painful bump on the outside of my vagina under my pubic hair. I don't know what it could be? I was tested for HIV and STD's with my first child and the all came back negative. My...

Come on the outside of the vagina [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible of being pregnant if you weight 115 pounds and you have not put on weight and it would be the 32nd week of the pregnancy also only precum got on the outside of the vagina by finger?

Bump on vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I recently just discovered that I have one bump on the outside of my vagina. I'm freaking out because I don't know what it is? Is it just a pimple? Can it be caused from someone fingering you? Is it an std? Cancer? Please respond!

View more questions Search