Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MilitaryMan19D30 Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 12, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Kenmore 80 Washing Machine Off-Balance
    My wife washed a blanket that broke apart mid wash and clogged up the tub. I disassembled the tub and washed everything out. Put it back to gather and the tub rotates but wobbles. I checked the springs and counter weights but the washer still break dances. I need assistance with pictures if possible. Thanks!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 04:51 PM
    Are you sure all spring etc are connected correctly? Is the tub reassembled correctly? These are things that would cause the tub to wobble. Kenmore and Whirlpool are the same and on direct drive there is a unique liquid balancing system built into the basket. Around the top of the basket is a "ballast" compartment which is filled with a special liquid. When the basket spins the liquid inside this compartment moves around to dampen any imbalance. Remove the basket to inspect. Basket removal requires a spanner tool Once out on the outside of the basket will be a fill hole which is plugged. If the hole is leaking the basket must be replaced. Good Luck Hope the instructions apply to your model

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore model # 110. 91551210 wahing machine, will not agitate or spin, in none of the cycles, it will fill with water and drain, I also can hear the moter running but it will not agitate or spin, what is the problem?:confused:

Kenmore washer out of balance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 15 year old Kenmore 110.92273100. It has worked great, but lately has been shaking during regular loads to the point of moving across the floor. I have read the other posts, and the water balance ring is OK, the feet are level, the auto level on the back is fine, the kidney-shaped wear...

Kenmore washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine will not spin out the wash cycle or the rinse cycle. When I hold the lid latch down and turn the tub with my hand and it will start spinning fine. I can see it try to start spinng but it cant

View more questions Search