Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmacelyn Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Really upset!
    I came on my periods on Friday and I have been trying to get pregnant.. am I best to see my doctor when I finshed my period? What sort of test will they do? I'm so upset it feels its never going to happen!! :(
    sacha Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Aug 13, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Hang in there gurlie, I'm in the same boat as u
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 07:04 AM
    I am sorry to hear that you are not pregnant. It's really tough trying and not getting the result you want.

Now, for your doctor. Yes, you should wait until your period is over. Most likely your doctor will start with a blood test to determine hormone levels. The next step would be an ultrasound of your ovaries to make sure nothing is blocked. It would also be wise if your husband gets a physical to make sure that his sperm count is normal.

How long have you been trying? It takes most healthy couples up to a year of actively trying before becoming pregnant. The stress of trying plays a major role in not being able to conceive. Many couples find it better to focus on something else, and they usually get pregnant right away.

Look at it this way. The teen population that is out there just having fun, not trying to get pregnant, and they fall pregnant the first time. Just enjoy practicing.
    emmacelyn Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2007, 09:20 AM
    We have booked a holiday, so we will relax and have fun! Hopefully that will work!
    sacha Posts: 94, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Just try to relax and not think about it too much. I'm trying to do this myself, lol. I'm sure u will b able to get pregnant
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 15, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Good luck to you hun, and enjoy that holiday! Hopefully a little stress relief will help things along. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm upset! [ 17 Answers ]

This is probably going to seem to you like I am over reacting. I probably am but I can't help feelig like I do. I just rung my boyfriend to say that I would be round to see him tonight. He said he couldn't be bothered to see me as I am seeing him tommorw. He said he needs an early night even...

Upset wife [ 4 Answers ]

I have just found out my husband of 14 years is gay. He has not had sex with a man but has been phoning gay chat lines for over a year. We have two children and he said that he loves me more than anything and would like to stay with me and the children. After 5 years of no sexual contact we...

Very upset [ 1 Answers ]

I scan my computer for virus and there was two threats by the name of ADW_CASE.A and ADW_ZANGO.A I deleted them and then trunmy computer off and then back on and rescan it again and they were still there how do I make them go away.

Upset... [ 27 Answers ]

I know that Pete did not mean anything by this and he was trying to hurt me in any way but I was almost in tears last night and I just need to get this off my chest. His mate has who we spend a lot of time with went through a bad break up a couple of months ago. We have supported him as best we...

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search