Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottyboy13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Lying girlfriend
    My girlfriend of two years lies to me constantly. We have 5 mo old child. She cheated in her last . She lies even when the truth will do. I don't feel ike I can trust anything she say's. Will she cheat on me? What should I do?
    LUK3Y Posts: 55, Reputation: 2

Aug 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyboy13
    my girlfriend of two years lies to me constantly. we have 5 mo old child. she cheated in her last . she lies even when the truth will do. I don't feel ike i can trust anything she say's. will she cheat on me? what should i do?
    Hey buddy, you must make a stand for yourself.
    In a relationship you need TRUST HONESTY RESPECT.
    If one of the three do not happen then you don't really have a relationship now do you?

I've been in your shoes with my ex for about 2 yrs until our recent break up.
    Without honesty is no trust, without trust there is no respect, this goes for both involved in the relationship. If she can't even be honest to you, then how can the other 2 work, see how they rely on one another.

She constantly lied to me, but if you keep putting things under a rug people eventually notice stuff is under that rug. You really need to take a look at the relationship and think to yourself, can you keep on getting lied to? It will just create more headaches for yourself.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 12, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I think you pretty much know the answer to your questions..

Will she cheat on you - if you don't communicate with her and both are still insecure in this relationship, then - probably.

Will she stop lying - probably not, unless you give her a real good reason to stop.

She is insecure - be it in life, relationship, self-awarenss.

Talk to her, help her work on it, and good luck.

Get back with us.

Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:30 AM
    People lie for two reasons, they are afraid of you or they are trying to protect you. People who don't care about you have no need to lie. Try to discover why she thinks she needs to lie to you. Beware that you may be causing her to lie because of how you react to the truth. Even if she is misbehaving there has to be a reason for it. So, instead of getting angry, and if you really care about her, stay calm sit down and ask her what is wrong, ask her if she is happy and if she is not, what can you do to make her happy. It's the adult thing to do. And remember to listen.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Lying makes it hard for honest communications. Express your concerns to her. No communication, no relationship. Don't stay just because of your baby, but on some level you have to work together for the welbeing of the child, that binds you both, whether you can deal with a relationship or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend has been lying to me (and hiding something from me)... [ 25 Answers ]

Ok, I am so lost and confused and need major help, as this is the most screwed up position I have EVER been in. Me and my girlfriend have been together for a couple of months now. Well, we decided to get a place together (I know.. possible mistake since we weren't together for too long... which I...

Would she be lying to me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all! Question for you guys, here's the situation, I'll try to keep it short: My girlfriend maybe a couple months ago made me think that she wasn't honest with me, I didn't want to pick on her with my own insecurities, so I left it alone, never even mentioned it to her. It was because I asked...

I think she is lying [ 11 Answers ]

Hello I just wanted to ask a question about one of my friends that has been on my mind for the past couple of days. So here is the situation I have this friends who says like every other month that she is pregnant but she always has a miscarrige or an abortion . So about 2days ago she called me and...

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: If you lie to a grand jury and the FBI, and you obstruct a criminal investigation, it's OK and you should be pardoned - if you're a right winger. I don't know. I thought the right wingers were the law and order party. If I lied to a grand jury, I don't think anybody would think it's...

Lying [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very bad problam with lying to my husband about every thing even the little stuff like what I had to eat for lunch and stuff like that, this problam is leading my marriage into the ground I need help CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE

View more questions Search