Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Can having sex in a pool reduce my chances of getting pregnant?
    Hey Guys!!

1st of all thanks to everyone who's been giving me advice I GREATLY appreciate it!

So this is my fertile week I ovulate this Saturday and me and my partner decided to start the week of with a bang in the pool lol ( sorry if this is too much information )

We had sex, he stayed in me for 10 minutes just to make sure it didn't come out but I was wondering if since we had sex in a pool does that reduces my chances because of the chemicals?

Also I have a hot tub? Does it reduce the chances too??

I want this to be fun without pressuring my man to do certain things to get me pregnant haha

Hope your doing well!
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Anytime penetration happens you have a chance to become pregnant. Just because he didn't ejaculate in you doesn't mean anything. Men let out precum which is a lubricate and it contains sperm.
    The hot tub may reduce chances only because the temperature of the water. Sperm don't live well in a hot environment.
    cougar Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2007, 08:40 PM
    I'm not a doc, but I do know heat kills sperm, chemicals are not going to aid your cause and a pool may not be the best place to indulge. Lay flat, kees up and go night, night. I've got 3 to prove it works! Good luck :)
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Lol Ok No Hot tub then haha but pool should be OK because its not to hot?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 08:50 PM
    A hot tub is way too hot for sperm to live. There is always that slight chance, but it is more likely you will get pregnant if you don't have sex in the hot tub. You can get pregnant having sex in a pool, but you wouldn't be able to get into the prime position for conceiving, which is actually the missionary position. This position has been said to be the best position for conceiving. :)
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 7, 2007, 08:51 PM
    I wouldn't suggest a pool just for hygenie reasons myself.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 7, 2007, 09:56 PM
    I've been Trying to conceive for about 5 years now, and I've never heard of a 'prime position' for conception.

Obviously, it's better to be in a position where you retain much of the sperm after sex, and I've heard tilting your hips up while laying on your back helps (not me, apparently, but other people).

The best thing to do if you're Trying to conceive is to relax and enjoy the practicing. Stressing about getting pregnant is the number one way to NOT get pregnant (though it seemed to be the opposite in teens---hmmm... ). I know it's hard not to think of a pink elephant when someone tells you not to think of the pink elephant, but seriously--relaxing will make it happen faster than anything else will.

As far as a hot tub--probably doesn't make your chances any better. The heat does make it difficult to conceive. As far as the pool goes--I think that if you're relaxed and having fun, you have a better chance in a pool of conceiving than of laying on your back in the bedroom and praying to conceive the entire time you're having sex.

Just my opinions, though.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
    The missionary position is supposed to be the best position for conceiving because the penis can go deeper and shoot the semen closer to the cervix this way. Sorry, that is what I meant. That is just what I have heard, I don't know how true it is :)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:07 PM
    I heard and read this everywhere to but I've also read a lot of articles that say it doesn't matter. I stick with the good ole' missionary anyway, just in case!
    zeldaman87 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Im not a girl for starters. I have never tried to get pregnant either :). I have however heard that having sex in a pool can permanently reduce your chances of ever getting pregnant. Apparently during the process of intercourse underwater, the penis forces water through the cervix into the uterus, and causes damage of one sort or another. So probably not the best idea. Anyhoo good luck with having a kid.
    ~Cheers
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Well, that's partially right zeldaman. Having sex in a pool or Jacuzzi poses a higher risk of infection but it's not going to cause permanent infertility. I honestly don't think it's the best idea either... once in a while maybe.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:15 PM
    I personally would not have sex in a pool. I don't know how many people have had sex there before, how many people have peed in that pool, what is lingering around in there, etc. The thought of all of those things sort of grosses me out.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Eeewwww pee-pee! Yeah, unless you have your own pool that no one else but you swims in, then you just don't know what kind of funk and critters are in it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55
    Eeewwww pee-pee! Yeah, unless you have your own pool that no one else but you swims in, then you just don't know what kind of funk and critters are in it.
    We used to have our own pool when I was younger and that didn't stop people from hopping my fence and going into it in the middle of the night. I caught people a couple of times :eek:
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Wow, creepy!! It's amazing what some people will do!
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Aug 8, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I had my own pool but I would find dead worms, frogs, leaves, and all sorts of bugs in it that I would have to clean out. Pee in the pool was the least of my worries. Yuck, I would not want that funky water in me. :)
    matthewzachary1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Mar 16, 2012, 11:29 PM
    My girl and I are trying specifically not to, yet I have a problem with my size. I hit the cervix every single time I penitrate. Tonight we did it in a hot tub that was vvery hot and even at that I'm still not worried because I wasn't even close to . Now, to answer your question, if you want to het pregnant and have fun at the same time, have your man inside you while you are doing a hand stand and he's holding you up :) it will direct sperm flow
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewzachary1 View Post
    My girl and i are trying specifically not to, yet i have a problem with my size. I hit the cervix every single time i penitrate. Tonight we did it in a hot tub that was vvery hot and even at that im still not worried because i wasnt even close to . Now, to answer your question, if you want to het pregnant and have fun at the same time, have your man inside you while you are doing a hand stand and he's holding you up :) it will direct sperm flow
    Important to note, having sex in a hot tub is not a prevention for pregnancy. Not sure if you are joking or not, but there is no need to direct sperm flow. Once inside, plenty of sperm will have a pretty good sense of direction... :) Besides, I can't imagine a handstand during sex would be all that inviting for the woman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the chances I am pregnant with twins [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys I have a question that mabey you can help with, I am five weeks pregnant and for some reason people are saying several things to me to indiacate that they think I'm having twins, I have two children and the thought was never ever brought up with them. So my question is what are the...

What are the chances of me been pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant, and if so what are the chances? My period started on the 20th May and lasted till the 26th, I had sex with my boyfriend on the 27th, 28th, 29th 30th, 31st and the 2nd, we did not use contraception and each time he came inside me. What are the chances of me been pregnant? And...

Chances of being pregnant [ 9 Answers ]

Its been 14 days now and still so sign of AF. 3 negative HPTs sucks!! Still have all the symptoms like frequent urination, breasts still sensitive and swollen(nipples slightly inverted since last week, weird!! ) and getting a little darker, had backache since early this week and it seems like I...

Increase chances of getting pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any medication or over the counter meds or just basically anything to help increase your chances of getting pregnant? Also, what are your signs of ovulating?

What are the chances of me being pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. So me and my boyfriend have been sexually active. The problem is last night when we were having sex he pulled out and, the condom broke I'm so scared.. could I be pregnant? We are 18.

View more questions Search