Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnolan3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Loud Noise from one Toilet
    When we flush one toilet in my house, it makes a horrible loud bumping noise. What we do is take the lid of the tank off and lift the balloon up until the tank seems to fill up. While you are holding the balloon up, the noise stops, but if you let it down too early, it will start again. What is wrong with my toilet and how can I fix it? Do I need a plumber?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 10:44 PM
    Change the fill valve to a fluidmaster 400.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud fog horn noise when toilet flushed [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem when I flush my upstairs toilet. It sounds like a fog horn. Sometimes the noise is relieved if I turn the cold water tap on. It's driving me crazy and I can even hear it in the garden when someone flushes it! Please help! No one dare flush in the night.

Loud rumbling noise in floor when flushing the toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have two bathrooms side by side on the top floor and one downstairs on the main floor. When flushing the toilet in one of the bathrooms on the top floor, you hear and feel a loud rumble in the floor in the bathroom beside it. We replaced the toilet in the downstairs bathroom a few...

Loud Noise From Toilet In Master Bath [ 4 Answers ]

Help, we have lived in this home for about 4 years. It was new construction. Recently we have started having a loud noise when you flush the toilet in just one bathroom. The noise actually fades away after the toilet has completed the flushing action. It does not sound like a pipe it is almost...

Loud Noise By Boiler [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I live in East Haven Connecticut, my place is in the first floor and right under us there is the heating room wich makes loud noise and is to worst at night. I told to the rental office but they said that's the normal noise. I have 2 little children (3 and 17 months), I'm arriving from my job...

Loud noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

There is a loud noise when I flush my toilet. I have learned that turning on the bath water causes the loud noise to not occur, or to stop mid noise. The noise seems to getting louder and longer with time. I appreciate any assistance troubleshooting this problem.

View more questions Search