Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skooterbaby1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Trane central heat and air unit
    Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Check your breakers. Have him check the contactor at the outside unit. You can manually push it in and see if it comes on. Look at eh capicator. Is the top bulged? It should be flat.Check the 2 small wires going from the inside unit to the outside unit. Look closely where they are exposed outdoors. Be sure they have not been cut by weedeater or an animal may have chewed them
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 06:23 PM
    First make sure the thermostat is calling for cool, then go outside and see if the unit is running if nothing is running then check the breaker , turn it off and push into the off position (resets it) and then turn it on , go to a/c unit if not running , then check the fuses in the disconnect which is next to the a/c on the wall or mounted to the a/c. there should be two fuses in this box. Make sure furnace fan is operating if not check plug in wall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air unit [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: Hello, I surely hope that someone can help me my central air unit stops working... It blows nothing but hot air... And I notice that the fan outside on the unit doesn't work. Could it be the capacitor going bad? Or is it something else? Please help Thanksss :(

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

Central air unit [ 3 Answers ]

I have a central air and heating unit that's about 5 yrs. Old. It will blow air out but not at the temperature that we want. What would be the problem of this unit? Also, my wife had a window open for the last three days would this affect the unit? Thanks myron

Central Heat/blows cold air in unit downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

\ Our heating unit (central) is blowing cold air. This is only occurring in downstairs unit. There are 2 separate units in the home. Any ideas on what to do before calling an expert? The HVAC unit is all electric. It is set to Auto. We had problems with the A/C where you gad to set the...

Buzzing relay with Trane Cebtarl Air unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Trane Central Air unit (model BLU0682L942A) which recently went out on us. Nothing worked … no AC … no heat … no fan. I replaced the transformer and then the relay (S87R-1079-1). I believe everything is correctly wired. I don't have a wiring diagram for the unit. I tested the...

View more questions Search