Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumble30405 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Trying to get pregnant
    I am 17, and my boyfriend is almost 18. I have been on the pill for just over 2 years, and that's how long me & my boyfriend have been together.

We have decided to try for a baby because we live in his house as his mum moved in with her partner and we can afford this baby. Please don't judge us because we know we're ready and aren't really that young.

I came off the BCP on the 8th May 2007 and I'm wondering can I fall pregnant at any time or just the 3 days of Ovulation [That I've read about]. I was wondering this because I'm younger will it be easier for us because we aren't yet pregnant. We have started to exercise more as I have been walking our dog a lot to keep fit [I'm already quite healthy].

Thank you for reading.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 7, 2007, 05:39 PM
    I'm not going to judge you I myself got pregnant at 17 it was hard but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.
    As far as getting pregnant you can only get pregnant when your body ovulates and releases an egg.
    If you are serious start tracking your periods when they start and when they stop then you can find your best date to be ovulating.
    Good luck
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 05:48 PM
    If you and him feel you are ready and can afford it, then that's OK. Just make sure you are ready!

Like crystal said, your best chances of conceiving are during your ovulation days, however not all women ovulate at the same time so you can really fall pregnant anytime. Some women ovulate during their period, believe it or not. Now the pill can take 3-6 months to fully wear out of your body, so if you don't get pregnant within the first 3-6 months don't lose hope.

Here is an ovulation calendar for you : American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

However a more accurate way to detect if you are ovulating or not is to buy an ovulation kit. You can buy these online from Amazon : Amazon.com Shopping Cart

I believe they are also available at Walmart or any drug store. :)
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Hey! In the same boat but a little older 21 and 19!

It really depends on the birth control... if you were on the pills you will ovulate every month... keep a calender ^^^^^^ find out which week... and have fun ;-) but if you were on the patch or nuva ring it takes a while to get out of your system but if you took it out in may and you had one of those you should be fine! Have Fun! Best wishes!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 05:53 AM
    For starters, Im not judging either, I got pregnant at 19, had my son at 20. As long as you ar financially and emotionally ready for this go for it, but please be sure that you are both. It will be very hard later, when you can't go out as often as before... I had a very hard time when I turned 21 and couldn't go out with my friends clubbing so often. It will also make it harder for college. As for the money please take into thought all of the things you will need to afford besides the obvious food, drink, housing, and diapers. There is also childcare if you intend to work or go to school. Like I said, I'm not judging, I'm just making sure you think of everything, Mine wasn't planned, and you'd be surprised how much really is involved in taking care of a child.

Healthy couples can take up to a year to conceive without having any other factors playing a part. If you were on the pill, it can take several months to even up to a year for it to fully leave your system. You need to go to your woman doctor and have an exam to get a clean bill of health. I also agree that you should chart your cycle. As Nautical Star mentioned, you can fall pregnant any time throughout your cycle, but do have the best chances during your ovulation. I suggest going on prenatal vitamins to help prepare your body. It ont help your chances of conceiving, but will make your womb a little more hospitable.

Good luck to you and your partner. Make sure, since you are not married to do all the necessary paperwork (just in case, you never know how things will work out) in case you need child support later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Trying to get pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant and I'm starting to think it ain't going to happen.we've been trying for about six months my body literally just spits it out.I can't help but feel like something is wrong with me.I got pregnant so fast the first time and now it is different.

Getting Pregnant [ 16 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just recently started trying to get pregnant on march23, 2007. It's been 3 days before we started trying to conceive, and I'm having cramps in my stomach. One minute their there and then they're there light and then they come really badly. Could I be pregnant after only 3 days of...

15 and could be pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex about a month ago and my period came on 3 days later and I was 2 days late, but that has been common for the last 3 months. Its now time for my second period to come on and its two days late. I was just wondering could I be pregnant even though my period came on 3 days after I had sex a...

Could I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I was giving my boyfriend a handjob, and I was wearing my jeans and my panties. He had his boxers and pants off. He came and it got on my jeans, on my upper thigh. Is there a chance I could be pregnant? If it soaked through? I am FREAKING OUT.

View more questions Search