Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edeyar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 06:15 PM
    Outlook Express problem sending videos
    Is there any way to send short videos (only a minute or two, often less than a minute) on email? When I've tried it doesn't go through - I don't know if it's a problem with my computer (Toshiba laptop running Window XP Pro, WI-Fi using a D-Link router), with Outlook Express, or with my ISP (Shaw).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2005, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by edeyar
    Is there any way to send short videos (only a minute or two, often less than a minute) on email? When I've tried it doesn't go through - I don't know if it's a problem with my computer (Toshiba laptop running Window XP Pro, WI-Fi using a D-Link router), with Outlook Express, or with my ISP (Shaw).
    You can ATTACH any file to an e-mail. However, some e-mail services and/or clients restrict the size and/or types of attachments. Without knowing what happened when you tried to send I can't say more.
    edeyar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2005, 06:37 AM
    Problem sending videos
    Thanks for trying Scott, but I did know about limits that the ISPs have . I thought that since the video is very small it should have gone through. I received it from my daughter, who uses the same ISP. She was able to send it to me, but she was unable to send the same video to someone at a different time. Would it have anything to do with the amount of traffic the ISP is experiencing at the time the video is sent?

Aug 12, 2005, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by edeyar
    Thanks for trying Scott, but I did know about limits that the ISPs have . I thought that since the video is very small it should have gone through. I received it from my daughter, who uses the same ISP. She was able to send it to me, but she was unable to send the same video to someone at a different time. Would it have anything to do with the amount of traffic the ISP is experiencing at the time the video is sent?

Again, Without knowing what happened when she tried I can't tell you why it failed. Maybe the other recipient's mailbox didn't have enough room for the file. Maybe they have other restrictions. Maybe she got the file but just didn't know how to open it. There are several possibilites. You need to explain why you think it didn't work for me to help further.
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Aug 12, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Outlook Express Problems
    Hiya Edeyar
    Try this, don't know how long it will take. DavidB. http://www.yousendit.com/

Aug 13, 2005, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazel1953
    Hiya Edeyar
    Try this, don't know how long it will take. DavidB. http://www.yousendit.com/
    Blue,
    Hmmm, I checked out the link and was looking for the cost and WOW its free! (for how long I can't guess). But it's a great link to have. I fav placed it.

Scott<>
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Aug 13, 2005, 04:33 AM
    Outlook Express
    Hiya scott
    Been using it for about 18 months now, used it for sending short clips from my digital camera. Even though I'm a novice compared to you and others on this site, it is nice to be able to pass on what we've learned, isn't it. And, even nicer to get an acknowledgment. Must watch my ego, lol. DavidB.

Aug 13, 2005, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazel1953
    Hiya scott
    Been using it for about 18 months now, used it for sending short clips from my digital camera. Even though I'm a novice compared to you and others on this site, it is nice to be able to pass on what we've learned, isn't it. and, even nicer to get an acknowledgment. Must watch my ego, lol. DavidB.
    Hey, I will stop learning when I am in my grave ;) There are loads of websites out there I'm not aware of. The problem I see with a site like this is how do they pay their bills? I use to use a great site called Visto.com. It allowed me to sync my PDA with online storage. That allowed me to coordinate my contacts, calendars, favorites, to do lists etc, among different PCs and my PDA. After using them for free for 2 years, they shut down the free site and started charging for their service. This site is named after a great Q&A site that shut down.

It takes money to maintain a WEB site, pay for connectivity, cost of storage hardware, staff to monitor the site, etc. Many sites have tried to do this on advertising, by offerign a free service that attracts users so they have someone to advertise to. Most sites have not been able to survive on advertising alone.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Email Video
    Hi,
    The size of the Video is the key. Some ISP's will not send something over 5 MB, and some takes forever to download through Outlook Express.
    Do you know the size of the Video? Also, what is the max MB you have in your email address with your ISP?
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Aug 31, 2005, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    The size of the Video is the key. Some ISP's will not send something over 5 MB, and some takes forever to download through Outlook Express.
    Do you know the size of the Video? Also, what is the max MB you have in your email address with your ISP?
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Fred,
    When are you going to learn to read the thread carefully and check the dates? This thread had no activity for 2 weeks. And the activity from the original poster stopped before that. Besides I had already asked and received answers to the questions you asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printing problem from outlook express [ 1 Answers ]

I cann't print from outlook Express,It is giving error : Incompertable version in RPC stub.(Error 228).My OS is win98se,&printer is dot matrix. Please help. Thank in advance

Outlook Express [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I cannot open any attachmnet from Outlook Express. When I click on the little clip on the bottom part of Outlook, the attachmnets are always in gary and not available for opening or saving. Can anybody help with this? Thanks in advance.

Outlook express [ 4 Answers ]

You were so helpful last time I asked a question that I am coming back with another. I am using OTLOOK EXPRESS in Windows 98 for e.mail purposes. In the sub menu selected by hitting "Inbox" there is a variety of options such as "save", "Sent", "draft" etc. I want empty the one entitled...

Outlook Express 5 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- Using 98SE--My Outlook Express 5 is all messed up--I went to Add/Remove Programs, but there is no listing under that to remove the Outlook Express and start over from scratch--Thanks for any suggestions--

Outlook Express [ 2 Answers ]

Many times when I receive an email containing pictures (not as attachments), I only can see a square box with a red X in it. Is there a way to correct this problem? It does not happen all the time.

View more questions Search