Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Best Time To Have Sex During Ovulation
    My Partner and I are planning a pregnancy! YAYAYAY! Lol

We decided to start tracking my ovulation days now that I have been off The Nuva ring birth control for 2 months...

I have done the whole ovulation calender thing and I ovulate this Saturday! Luckly were going on vacation! Which Means Lots of Chanced to get me pregnant heh!

I have been reading up and not like I avoid sex but when is the best time... I hear 2-3 days before... Ive heard 12 hours before... In the morning...

Anyone got any tips!

As you can tell I'm really excited about this!!

I Would Love Any and all advice about increasing my chances...
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 05:27 PM
    You should start having sex the day before you begin to ovulate, and continue to have sex every other day during ovulation. :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
    In the proper fertile environment (in you) sperm can last 3 days :) so the more you do it the more chances you'll get pregnant. It really doesn't matter the specific timing as long as you don't miss the window because your egg will only last 24 hours if that. So my suggestion would be to go all out :) If you are going to ovulate on Saturday... have sex Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday :):) Hey, you said you were going on vacation... why not?
    Few tips... missionary is a favorable position because it less likely to "leak out"... when he ejaculates it better if he is deeply penetrated and stays still (more of the sperm will be deposited closer to the cervix, so the less they have to travel), try to put a pillow under your hips afterwards (or I like to slide off the bed and lay on the floor with my feet propped up on the bed), and don't go to the bathroom right away, urine will kill a lot of the sperm that might have a had a chance lol...

My husband and I are trying as well (can you tell) lol

Good luck!
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Everything in the above post sounds great! Except for having sex everyday. Too much sex can cause stress to your body and make conception more difficult. Every other day should do the trick :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Stress? Haha... sex relieves my stress!! ;) But really, the only time I've heard it's better to have sex every other day, or every three days, is if the man has low sperm count... that way his body has a few days to build up, and when you do have sex the ejaculate will be more concentrated with live, mobile sperm :)

But I'm sure every other day works fine as well... since sperm lives about 3 days... but again, that's only in the most fertile environment. So make sure it's not more than every other day :) I mean... your egg only lives 24 hours :/
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Thanks You!! EEEE iM sooo Excited...
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:07 PM
    I wasn't talking about stress as in something bad happened today and you're stressed out about it. I was referring to bodily stress. Too much sex can cause your body itself to become stressed and tired, and a stressed and tired body doesn't want to support a baby. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:11 PM
    I know haha I was kidding :P :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    I know haha I was kidding :P :)
    Oh.. duh! I'm sorry, I have a hard time reading emotions over a computer screen. I'm a dork sometimes :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone feel like they need sex all the time [ 14 Answers ]

I've just split up form my girlfriend and we were together for about 18 months. We had sex a lot it was one of are ways of making up after an argument or to kind of spice are love life up a little. Now were finished I feel like I really need it! I still keep in contact with my ex and she says the...

Whens the best time to take an ovulation test? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi yes I'm unclear when to use the ovulation test kits. I have a few to use . My cycle lasts 31 or 32 days. So what day should I start testing to check my ovulation. Some sites said to test on day 15 or day 16 is that true? Advice needed. Thank you

Dirty talk during sex! [ 5 Answers ]

I have been living with my fiancé for more than a year now and the sex is great,. but when we have sex he wants me to talk dirty to him.. but I am too embarrassed.how can I get over this? And I want him to do things to me in bed but I am embarrassed to ask him to do them to me,. is there something...

Spending time vs sex [ 7 Answers ]

When a man wants to just have sex rather than wanting to spend some quality time together... does that necessarily mean he is not interested in you and that woman should feel there is something really wrong with her that he doesn't want her for who she is but just her body... Can anyone throw some...

First time sex [ 9 Answers ]

A few weeks ago I just out and told my girlfriend that I wanted to have sex with her Ane 3 days ago I overheard her and her friend talking and she wants to have sex with me too, but I don't know how we should go at it We both have not had sex yet, Could someone tell me some ways to give her...

View more questions Search